Page 560 of 659 FirstFirst ... 60460510550558559560561562570610 ... LastLast
Results 5,591 to 5,600 of 6584

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Performance @ 90% of 1RM.

All lifts were 3 sets of 3.

Bench Press: 210. The 3rd rep was a grinder for all 3 sets with the last one being near complete failure at lockout.

Push Press: 110.

Hammer Row: 290.

The Meloxicam worked so well and so fast I quit taking it yesterday and all is well.

The music shuffle and mix this morning was Die Walkure, Night on Bald Mountain, Locomotive Breath, Run Like Hell, Death of Siegfried, When the Bullet Hits the Bone, and Stars and Stripes Forever.

Do you time the rest between the last warm up and between work sets. Since I work out alone in the garage I find it gets boring.

Yeah I do. I wait at least 3 minutes between my last warmup set and my first work set. At least most of the time. If I have to rush that particular workout, less time or when I'm doing a deload. It doesn't matter during a deload. But on a 90 percent like today, I'll rest longer.

Rounds today of speed bag, prowler, heavy bag, medicine ball toss, elliptical, box jumps, and SciFit.

Deadlift: 340 for 3.

Box Squat with Safety Squat Bar: 145 for 3 sets of 2.

Music mix was William Tell Overture, Run Through the Jungle, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Fanfare for the Common Man, Hallelujah Chorus, Stars and Stripes Forever, Smuggler's Blues. Beethoven's 5th, Kashmir.

The Winter storm the last 36 hours had SIU closed and the Rec Center on reduced hours from 11 - 2. Accordingly the place was as crowded as Normandy during Saving Private Ryan minus the casualties.

Rounds of caber lift, speed bag, kettlebell swings, and rowing.

I can see it as a painting before me. Lol

Seated Press 160 for 3 sets of 3.

Weighted Dips: 25-3, 45-1, 55-1, 65-1.

Hammer High Row: 180-3, 270-1, 320-1.

The pullover and press was doing nothing for improving shoulder mobility so I returned to the two old standbys.

Music mix today was, The Anvil Chorus, Lawrence of Arabia theme, Darth Vader Death March, Marseillaise, Rawhide, Patton theme, Radar Love, Inna Gadda Da Vida, Peter Gunn, Taking a Ride, Danger Zone, and Magnificent Seven.

This morning's activities were a careful walk along Lake on the Campus through the snow and ice. It was 9F with a windchill of -7 here, which is VERY unusual for this far South, even in Winter. I grew up in Northern Illinois where this is more commonplace, but this is the coldest I have seen it in decades since then. The lake was almost completely frozen over with only a few patches of open water, one of which was crowded with Canada geese and some mallards. Conditions were slick and my footprints were the only ones out there. I was sporting my new ball cap Make Orwell Fiction Again under the hood of my jacket.

starting strength coach development program
    Ball Cap.jpg

Jujitsu Zoom had us practicing stepping and deflection drills to lead off with. From there, I learned an entirely new punch to me. Instead of a straight ahead linear punch, the fist describes a rising arc to strike the underside of the jaw or chin. Not a hooked and bent arm uppercut, but one with the arm extended. Very interesting, and just showed me that there's always something new to learn. We finished off with some low shin kicks and hooking kicks along with sweeping kicks to the ankles and some knee buckling techniques that work well for takedowns.