• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Preparatory Loading @ 75% of 1RM.

4 sets of 4.

Bench Press: 175.

Push Press: 95.

Hammer Row: 240.

Music mix: O Fortuna, Star Spangled Banner, Mars the Bringer of War, Marine Corps Spirit Jody Call, Eye of the Tiger, Shipping Up to Boston, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Die Walkure, Stars and Stripes Forever, Kashmir.

Nice work as always Mark. When I read about your move to a cold climate I think about my brother. He lived in San Cruz for 30 years and moved to Durango CO. He's been clearing snow for the oastc2 weeks.

Thanks Jerry. I grew up in this stuff, and I missed it in SoCal.

Conditioning today was handball, speed bag, box jumps, heavy bag, medicine ball toss, and SciFit.

Deadlifts: 285, 4-4-3. I forgot my chalk and even the sharply knurled Eleiko bar slipped through my hands on the last rep.

Box Squats with the Safety Squat Bar: 120, 2-2-2-2.

Conditioning today was caber lifts, rower, speed bag, kettlebell swings, medicine ball side throw, and heavy bag.

Music mix was Locomotive Breath, Fanfare for the Common Man, William Tell Overture, Run Through the Jungle, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Kaiser march, Smuggler's Blues, Ascent from Last of the Mohicans.

4 sets of 4.

Seated Press: 135.

Weighted Dips: 55.

Hammer High Row: 240.

The music shuffle was Highway to Hell, Anvil Chorus, Hallelujah Chorus, Stars and Stripes Forever, Shipping Up to Boston, Bad to the Bone, Bolero, Carmen, Long Way to the Top of Rock and Roll, the Marseillaise, Takin a Ride on Heavy Maetal, Peter Gunn, Danger Zone, March of the Toreadors.

A lot of range in your playlist mix. I like it.

Yeah, as I said a few weeks back when I finally got my shit together with regard to music, Meine Grosvater, Werner, instilled a love for classical music in me.

Accumulation Loading @ 80% of 1RM.

This was not a stellar session this morning. First, my FitBit crapped out on me. Then squats sorta happened.

Squat: 240 for a mere 2 reps. This session called for 5 sets of 4, but my lumbars had been rattling their chains like Marley's ghost for a few weeks. I thought a trip to the chiropractor fixed most of it, but not so. I could tell when I walked out the 240 that this would be hard, but thought I might be able to grind it all out. Uh, no. Not even close. Another trip to the bone cracker was in order and now I feel reasonably well off.

But I soldiered on to see if I could handle the less back intensive stuff.

Power Cleans: 130 for 5 sets of 2.

Cable Curls: 120-140-160 for sets of 12.

starting strength coach development program
    Conditioning today was rounds of speed bag, Jacob's Ladder, box jumps, cable rotations, handball, heavy bag, and SciFit.

Music shuffle was Purple Haze, Hot Blooded, Marine Corps Spirit jody call, Death of Siegfried, Up Around the Bend, Beethoven's 5th, Scotland the Brave, Flight of the Bumblebee, Magnificent 7.