starting strength gym
Page 566 of 659 FirstFirst ... 66466516556564565566567568576616 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,660 of 6584

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    It's good to see that the sporting events are being allowed restart.

Primary Loading @ 80% of 1RM.

Sets of 3.

Deadlifts: 305-315-325. The TSFOSB template called for 3 sets of 305, and I probably could have started at 310 and ramp up even more from there, but I decided that perhaps a little bit of conservative approach might be in order. Still, it signals good things, I hope, for my upcoming test of my 1RM.

Hammer Leg Press: 180-360-450. This was a substitute for hip belt squats because I forgot my belt for that.

Music was Night on Bald Mountain, A Boy Named Sue, Back in Black, British Grenadiers, Rawhide, Semper Fidelis, Bohemian Rhapsody, Fanfare for the Common Man, William Tell Overture, Run Through the Jungle, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Darth Vader Death March, Locomotive Breath.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    It's good to see that the sporting events are being allowed restart.
    I'm very happy for the athletes. They've been pining away in isolation.

Also pleasing is the phone call I just had with the park district about starting up Jujitsu again.

More variety re-introduced for conditioning today, hammer swings, speed bag, box jumps, heavy bag, and medicine ball side throws.

Primary Loading @ 80% of 1RM.

Sets of 3.

Seated Press: 145-145-150-150-155.

Weighted Dips: 55-57-60-62-65.

Hammer High Rows: 260-265-270-275-280.

More good progress despite some problems with my left wrist. I tweaked it doing body blows on the heavy because I didn't pay attention to keeping a locked wrist position. I don't wear gloves when I hit the bags. Gloves can cause this kind of injury from two round and semi-soft surfaces coming into kinetic contact with each other at speed and with some force behind it. A dodgy wrist makes pressing and dips a little uncomfortable. Which it did, but not too much to handle. As it were.

Music was Highway to Hell, Purple Haze, Kaiser March, We Are the Champions, Peter Gunn, March of the Toreadors, Run Like Hell, Tannhauser Overture, Copperhead Road, Gimme Shelter, Tusk, Last of the Mohicans, Her Strut, Beethoven's 5th, Kashmir.

Jujitsu starting up again has bot of my most advanced students eager to get back at it. Ken, a purple belt, and Ethan a 2nd degree blue belt have both responded to my heads up on this. I'm glad to see they haven't lost interest.

More Special Olympics track and field practice. The wind made throwing something of a trial for the athletes, but they rose to the occasion and gave the implements a good toss. I worked with the three lifters and their support teams to determine if Monday afternoons at 5:00 was good for Gold's Gym in Marion. Yes from all concerned, and tomorrow I'll get a firm coordination from the owner at Gold's to close the loop.

Joe and I were the finish line gate keepers and cheering section for the athletes in the 50 and 100 yard track events. Some real fleet of foot on the track that afternoon. The tail winds may have helped.

Deload @ 70% of 1RM.

Three sets of 2.

Squats: 210.

High Pulls: 120.

Hammer Curls: 85.

Soundtrack was Requiem Dies Irea, Life in the Fast Lane, The Stroke, Pines of the Appian Way, Fire on High, Ride of the Rohirrim, All Along the Watchtower, Bond Theme, Bad to the Bone, Flight of the Bumblebee, Smuggler's Blues, Back in Black, Rhapsody in Blue.

The logjam broke today!

Not only did I get Special Olympics powerlifting back on for next Monday, but the Park District gave the go ahead for Jujitsu to start next Wednesday. Winning by increments.

Conditioning today was rounds of speed bag, kettlebell swings, SciFit, heavy bag, rower, box jumps, and medicine ball tosses.

starting strength coach development program
    Deload @ 70% of 1RM.

Three sets of 2.

Bench Press: 165.

Push Press: 85.

Hammer Row: 230.

Music was Die Walkure, Shook Me All Night Long, Up Around the Bend, 1812 Overture, Crazy Train, Thunderer March, Fire Down Below Ritual Fire Dance.