starting strength gym
Page 567 of 659 FirstFirst ... 67467517557565566567568569577617 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,670 of 6584

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The Special Olympians had track and field practice prepping for Spring Games tonight. Joe and I oversaw the long jumpers to lead off, then assisted in the tennis ball toss. Then we hauled some stray hurdles out of the way of the runners a little later on the track. On to our favorite task of the evening, monitoring the finish line for the 50 and 100 yard track events and urging the athletes on to give it their best. All of them stayed the course and kept in their lanes to the end. Lotta heart from all of them. The gathering dusk had us hearing the local owls in between events. Having spent so many years working in urban areas, I hadn't heard owls in decades, it was an odd but comforting sound to be reminded of the nature always around us here in Southern Illinois.

Very early into the Rec Center this morning for some rounds of handball, speed bag, cable rotations, heavy bag, and elliptical.

Your music lists are fun. Hadn't listened to British Grenadiers in a LONG time.
    We don't get a lot of owl hooting around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesepuff View Post
    Your music lists are fun. Hadn't listened to British Grenadiers in a LONG time.
    We don't get a lot of owl hooting around here.
    I was grooving on his choice of Mozart's requiem

Thank you gentlemen, one and all. As I said, Meine Grosvater, Werner, instilled a love for classical music in me. But I gotta have some classic rock and the odd rousing movie score to fire me up when I lift.

Oh, and I have always loved the raptors of the night. I actually did SEE an owl in SoCal. In industrial El Segundo of all places on a lunch time walk. It was a burrowing owl and he made it clear that getting too close was ill advised. Although without hooting about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Thank you gentlemen, one and all. As I said, Meine Grosvater, Werner, instilled a love for classical music in me. But I gotta have some classic rock and the odd rousing movie score to fire me up when I lift.
    I'm actually in the singers on Amazon.com this recording; it was a blast

Deload @ 70% of 1RM.

Deadlift: Sets of 3, 115-185-235-265.

Hip Belt Squats: 225 for 3 sets of 2.

Background was Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, Won't Get Fooled Again, The Devil Went Down to Georgia, White Rabbit, Gloria, Gladiator Waltz (opening battle in Gladiator, no Germans coming out of the forest baying like wolves, but Maximus speech to his cavalry with the Elysium joke).

Deload @ 70% of 1RM.

Three sets of 2 for all below.

Seated Press: 125.

Weighted Dips: 50.

Hammer High Row: 225.

Music: Highway to Hell, Marseillaise, Shipping Up to Boston, Hall of the Mountain King, Urgent, Life in the Fast Lane, Folsom Prison Blues, Death of Siegfried.

starting strength coach development program
    Special Olympics powerlifting is back!

Jereth, Lena, and a new lifter, Kaydee were at the Marion Gold's Gym for the first session in a year.

I had determined that this would be all about getting lifters' form re-established and some light to moderate weights involved to get a sense of where everyone's level of strength was. Form for everyone was not bad, but, after a year, there's some polishing of the finer points of lifting to work on. Lena decided she wanted to try the bench press, having done deadlifts only in the past. She took right to them and shows some real potential. Likewise with Kaydee. Jereth retained a fair amount of strength in this lift too. The deadlift went well too. Jereth handled 200 lbs. without too much strain and Lena made a valiant attempt at the same weight.

All of them will get there and have some good lifting ahead of them.