starting strength gym
Page 569 of 659 FirstFirst ... 69469519559567568569570571579619 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,690 of 6584

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Massively sore this morning, which is no surprise given the max singles I've been doing the last two days. So I took it relatively easy with speed bag, plate halos, SciFit, elliptical, crunches, heavy bag, and cable rotations.

Ball Cap.jpg

Some Jujitsu Zoom today after a brief hiatus from having to do other stuff. We worked on blocks and deflections of punches with follow-up counterpunches. From there we worked on club techniques and defensive use of the knife.

Closing in on Special Olympics Spring Games next Friday. This was warm and pleasant afternoon for the athletes, coaches, and parents. Some of the athletes are new to DB and I, and we are getting to know them and their abilities and potentials. Jacob, one of the new athletes, showed an arm so strong in throwing the softball that he got moved up to throwing the mini-javelin. He also sprinted down the track showing a lot of heart all the way to the finish line.

Aspen lead the way in his running event coming across the finish line despite an injured hamstring. I saw him limping and asked if that was a problem and he said he finished even though it hurt.

The powerlifters are excited about training tomorrow as their weight ramp back up.

Still sore from last week, but using a light session to get back to the salt mines.

Three sets of 2.

Squat: 210.

High Pulls: 125.

Music: Star Spangled Banner, Anvil Chorus, Bohemian Rhapsody, Mission Impossible, British Grenadiers, Shook Me All Night Long, Gladiator Waltz, Urgent, Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Wow! Even coaching made me sore tonight. But well worth it.

Jacob showed up tonight to learn the lifts and did well in handling free weights. He was reluctant to squat from having had an ACL injury, so we moved on from that. He is strong in the bench press and the deadlift didn't bother his knee as I monitored him closely.

Lena was her usual cheery and helpful self assisting in loading and unloading the bars. She decided to try squats and had the form reasonably well. Next week we'll try her with the bar on her back. Her problem with stability on the bench was largely solved with some 35 lb. plates under her feet. She has near perfect form on the deadlift in keeping the bar nice and close to her legs lifting it up and setting it down.

Jereth's poundages continue to move up along with his potential in this sport. There's some work on keeping the bar in close on the deadlift for him, but he's right on track.

Kaydee's form in the squat with a bar on her back has improved greatly since last week and she'll get there. She's strong in the bench press and listens carefully on coaching cues for that as well as the deadlift. Along with the others, she makes coaching enjoyable.

Sure sounds like you're keeping busy. Good luck with the games.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    Sure sounds like you're keeping busy. Good luck with the games.
    Yeah, what with Special Olympics and Jujitsu starting up again, I am on the hop just now.

Taking an easy set of conditioning rounds with elliptical, rower, SciFit, and crunches.

Woke up SO sore. Everywhere, but especially my right ankle. I've been lucky for some months now, not having the degenerative joint issues in my feet flare up too badly. Always lurking in the background, but today, moderately bad. Wanting to save the Meloxicam for the worst pain, I got out my reinforced ankle brace and my seldom worn boots, lacing them up tight for best support. It turned out to be a good idea, since my ankle is not quite so tender now. Since getting old is not for sissies, and I wake up at least a little stiff most mornings, I spend some time in the Jacuzzi getting my joints and muscles moving better.

Another light lifting session.

Three sets of 2.

Bench Press: 165.

Push Press: 85.

Hammer Row: 230.

Musical score was Star Wars theme, Running With the Devil, Purple Haze, 1812 Overture, Prussia's Glory, Fame, Firebird Suite, A Boy Named Sue, Back in Black, and Born to Be Wild.

starting strength coach development program
    Ball Cap.jpg

Jujitsu had Ken and Ethan, my two most advanced students there tonight. Ken is a purple belt and Ethan a 2nd degree blue belt who was close to getting promoted to purple belt himself. We ran through white and blue belt in review. Lot of rust to knock off in terms of technique, but their memories of many of the basics was encouraging.