Results 5,721 to 5,730 of 6584

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Deload: 65% of 1RM

Squat: 182, 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2.

High Pulls: 100, 2-2-2-2.

Music: Hot Blooded, USMC Spirit, Rhapsody in Blue, Cocaine Blues, Working in a Coal Mine, Dance of the Knights, Lunatic Fringe, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Gimme Shelter, Finlandia.

Deload: 70% of 1RM.

Bench Press: 165, 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2.

Push Press: 85, 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2.

Hammer Row: 250, 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2.

Music: 1812 Overture, We Are the Champions, Lawrence of Arabia Theme, Magnificent Seven, Born to be Wild, Sharp Dressed Man, The Wreckers, Just Another Brick in the Wall, The Boys Are Back in Town, Foggy Bottom Breakdown, Respect, Chariots of Fire, Shaft, Rocky.

Deadlift: 270, 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2.

Hammer Leg Press: 450 , 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2.

Music: Steel Claw, When the Bullet Hits the Bone, Death of Siegfried, Darth Vader March, Up Artound the Bend, Highway to Hell, Mars the Bringer of War, Smuggler's Blues, Stars and Stripes Forever, Fire Down Below.

Love the music listed. Haven't heard many of these songs in a while and punched them into Amazon music during my workout this morning. Made it a little more enjoyable...

Spotify earns it's keep easily. Back in the 80's I had to make my own cassette tape from LP's. My tastes in music have expanded since then as well I have found.

Conditioning was rounds of speed bag, SciFit, medicine ball side toss, rower, heavy bag, Jacob's Ladder, and crunches.

A truly epic powerlifting training session with the Special Olympians tonight. After having had to pass on the two previous sessions because of other events intervening, my expectations were no progress over their last lifting totals, perhaps even some loss. I couldn't have been more wrong. Everyone exceeded their previous efforts and were confident in their abilities to do even better. I had to rein them in just a little so they didn't exceed their capacities and get hurt. It took some close and diligent spotting as they loaded up some more over their last PR's. I got nervous for them, but they came through.

Seated Press: 125, 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2.

Weighted Dips: 50, 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2.

Hammer High Row: 230, 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2.

Music: Lunatic Fringe, Final Countdown, Relax, Aida, The Stroke, A Boy Named Sue, Amazing Grace, Bond Theme, Shipping Up to Boston, Semper Fidelis, Run Through the Jungle, William Tell Overture.

80% of 1RM.

Bench Press: 185, 3-3-3-3-2-2-2-2.

Push Press: 100, 3-3-3-3-2-2-2-2.

Hammer Row: 290, 3-3-3-3-2-2-2-2.

Music: Heavy Metal, O Fortuna, British Grenadiers, Sharp Dressed Man, Four Seasons, Ghost Riders in the Sky, Miami Vice, Tush, Dream On, Shaft, Redetzky March, Start Me Up, Urgent, Ride of the Rohirrim, Born to Be Wild, Folsom Prison Blues, Amazing Grace.

Supposed to be squats today, but my back is iffy. So in to the chiropractor later with a realignment of my lifting schedule.

starting strength coach development program
    Another demanding night coaching Special Olympians tonight. I had been considering an easy night, and as it happened it was not a bad idea. Some of the athletes had been working out hard on their conditioning programs and their legs were feeling slightly wasted. In addition, both squat racks were in use, one by some guys doing CURLS in it. A true anathema for strength athletes. So we lead off with deadlifts. Jacob managed to shine in these tonight exceeding his last week's effort by 50 pounds. Lena struggled with her previous PR, but came back courageously and pulled it successfully.

By the time we finished these, the bench press stations were both in use, so we went to squats. These were barely over warmup weights to give the lifters some relief, especially after just having deadlifted. I keep the lifters to the order of lifts as they are competed in a meet: squat, bench press, and deadlift. So everything was topsy turvy tonight. Even so, Kaydee managed to squat with a standard 45 pound bar after having struggled with a short, light training bar before.

That left the bench press to finish up. Jereth and Jacob both managed to exceed last week's PR's.

Everyone gave all they had tonight. The items to work on that revealed themselves tonight were both in the bench press. Controlling bar wobble on the lockouts as well as keeping both feet on the floor during the lift. Both of which can get a lift disqualified by the judges. I broke a sweat tonight loading, unloading, and spotting. I was cautioned to not forget my lucky green sweat towel. I joked that it was too precious to me to leave behind. Like in Lord of the Rings. Jacob got a chuckle out of that.