Results 5,831 to 5,840 of 6584

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    90% of 1RM.

Squat: 270-1-1-1-1-1.

High Pulls: 155-1-1-1-1-1.

Music: Die Walkure, Everybody Wants You, We Ain't Gonna Take It, Lunatic Fringe, Fortunate Son, Miami Vice, Tush, Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Dragonstone, Relax, Working in a Coal Mine, Ring of Fire, The Four Seasons, Back in Black, I'm So Excited.

Lumbars are toast thanks of DOMS from squats yesterday, glutes and quads feel fine though. Even so, discretion being the better part of valor, I took it relatively easy on my lower body with rounds of conditioning using the speed bag, SciFit, crunches, medicine ball toss, heavy bag, and elliptical.

90% of 1RM.

Bench Press: 210-1-1-1-1-1.

Push Press: 120-1-1-1-1-1.

Hammer Row: 330-1-1-1-1-1.

Music: Also Sprach Zarathustra, Up Around the Bend, Semper Fidelis, Rawhide, Mission Impossible, Patton, Whole Lotta Love, Dueling Banjos, Rocky, Heard Through the Grapevine, Ramble On, Dirty Laundry, Living in America, Tuff Enuff, Two Cellos, Dirty Deeds.

Lifting at Legacy Gym (formerly Gold's) coaching Special Olympian Lena tonight. They had a new Rogue safety squat bar (SSB) which was perfect for her fixing her squat and overcoming her shoulder problems. Up to now, she had been having problems getting the standard bar placed properly on her back for a low bar squat. The main issue being a tight shoulder. Piece of cake for her. The Rogue SSB weighs 70 pounds which she handled with ease and adding 10 more pounds. What's more, she hit good depth and comes up from the bottom by raising her hips first. Textbook form.

Since both bench press stations were in use, we diverted over to the deadlift platform. They have a nice sharply knurled bar for it. There's some work to do on keeping the bar in close to the shins ahead, but overall, some really good effort and concentration got the job done.

She worked up to a good top poundage of 100 on the bench press. It took some encouragement and two of my index fingers under the bar to help her lock it out, but she did it.

A great night overall.

Getting in some rounds today of speed bag, rower, handball, medicine ball side throw, heavy bag, box jumps, and plate halos.

90% of 1RM.

Deadlift: 345-1-1-1-1-1.

Hammer Leg Press: 620-1-1-1-1-1.

Music: When the Bullet Hits the Bone, Anvil Chorus, Smuggler's Blues, Her Strut, Takin' a Ride, Going Up to Boston, March of the Toreadors, British Grenadiers, White Rabbit, Discombobulate, Respect, The Final Countdown, Dream On, My Generation, I Got a Line on You Babe, I'm Alright.

Ball Cap.jpg

Working on Purple Belt technique again. Ken's progress is coming along nicely. He has a few problems to overcome though. One is using muscle instead of a smooth flow of technique. I can relate, the black belts were on me constantly at his stage of progress to not muscle through as well. But he listens and we'll see next week if he can ease off on the power for now. Another issue is how to turn his hips when executing a leg to leg takedown when he's on the ground. A real key to better execution is to use circular movement to turn out an attacker's knee for the takedown. Rolling to the side engages the hips better and converts linear movement to the circular movement needed to make things work. His timing needs work as well, but he's improving with that.

A few things in conditioning today I hadn't done much lately, rounds of speed bag, SciFit, kettlebell swings, rower, heavy bag, and medicine ball slams.

I'd been thinking of getting an alignment for my back since I was creaky after squats. But that heavy and hard bunch of singles deadlifts yesterday seems to have fixed the creakiness. So, YAY!

90% of 1RM.

Seated Press: 160-1-1-1-1-1.

Partial Bench Press from the Pins: 160-1-1-1-1-1-1.

Hammer High Rows: 290-1-1-1-1-1-1.

Music: Run Like Hell, Crazy Train, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, Mars the Bringer of War, Purple Haze, We Are the Champions, Radar Love, Peter Gunn, Bad to the Bone, Prussia's Glory, Gloria, Fire on High.

starting strength coach development program
    Nice work, how long between the reps?