starting strength gym
Page 594 of 659 FirstFirst ... 94494544584592593594595596604644 ... LastLast
Results 5,931 to 5,940 of 6586

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    New Adidas Powerlifts arrived this afternoon. adidas

Very nice. The fit is better, the heel is just a little higher, and the soles don't have the slickness that had me sliding while walking to and fro just this morning while lifting. Very flat soles that feel like gecko pads gripping the floor.

I tried a pair and they are too narrow. Dowins too. I gave up unless I can try them on in person.

I normally wear 10 to 10 1/2, but I found that the size 11 Adidas Weightlifters I bought over 10 years ago fit reasonably well. Since I only put them on for around 30 minutes or so when I squat. I wear some razzle dazzle Asics wrestling shoes for deadlifts and some cheapo Walmart Interceptors for everything else I do in the gym and everyday.

I have pretty wide feet too, along with impossibly high arches and insteps. So much so, that I found I couldn't comfortably wear anything Nike made some 20 years ago. But these new Adidas feel good.

I was leery of anything I couldn't try on myself, but I figgered between past history with size 11's and their return policy it was worth a try. I lucked out I guess.

90% 1RM for singles and 75% for backoff set.

Bench Press: 190, 1-1-1-1-1. 160, 5.

Push Press: 110, 1-1-1-1-1. 90, 5.

Hammer High Row: 250, 1-1-1-1-1. 210, 5.

Music: Run Like Hell, Locomotive Breath, Heavy Metal, Star Spangled Banner, Mars the Bringer of War, Fire Down Below, Peter Gunn, Danger Zone, Respect.

I must give you a big hug for the results you did in the competition. When I read the description of your problems with all aches and pains and you still go through with is something of a heroic achivement, especially while listening to that torture of brain damaging so called music you where forced to do.

Thanks Bergs.

Some rounds today of speed bag, plate halos, box jumps, crunches, heavy bag, and cable rotations.

Ball Cap.jpg

Finally got through the entire Purple Belt 1st degree set of techniques. I doubled back to work on the upward wrist lift technique, a technique I find tricky to apply and leaving the defender vulnerable when they do. I prefer to teach the application from the rear or side, instead of facing an attacker as I learned it. But, to be fair and set aside my own biases, I taught it to Ken applied from the front. He had some trouble with a step over shoulder lock applied on someone when they are down on the ground. It's a tricky wrap of the arm and grip of the wrist that is so counterintuitive that it can be hard for the learner to grasp the complexity of it at first. Once grasped, it's pretty easy to move into. Just too strange to comprehend at first.

Ken asked about a discussion he had had about whether teaching women to defend with strikes or a control hold. In general, given typical opening nature of many sexual assaults on women, I favor things like finger bars or wrist locks. At least until the attack escalates to something more serious than unwanted touching. I'm going to give him my draft of self defense for women that teaches this at some length.

Deadlift: 305, 1-1-1-1-1. 255, 5.

Hammer Leg Press: 540, 1-1-1-1-1.

starting strength coach development program

Seated Press: 160, 1-1-1-1-1. 135, 5.

Pin Press: 185, 1-1-1-1-1. 150, 5.

Hammer Low Row: : 260, 1-1-1-1-1. 215, 5.

Music: Die Walkure, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Her Strut, Copperhead Road, Smoke on the Water, Sharp Dressed Man, Barracuda, Relax, Tush, Ain't No Mountain High Enough.