starting strength gym
Page 601 of 659 FirstFirst ... 101501551591599600601602603611651 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,010 of 6584

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Bench Press: 204, 1-1-1-1-1. 170-5 for a backoff set.

Push Press: 110, 1-1-1-1-1. 90-5 for a backoff set.

Hammer High Row: 250, 1-1-1-1-1. 210-5 for a backoff set.

Music: Mission Impossible, Gimme Shelter, Devil Went Down to Georgia, Life in the Fast Lane, Gladiator Waltz, Sharp Dressed Man, Madman Across the Water, Romeo and Juliet, Shaft, Fortunate Son.

Average HR of 116 bpm @ 78% of MHR for 59 minutes.

Back to some conditioning today with rounds of speed bag, cable rotations, elliptical, medicine ball tosses, heavy bag, crunches, hamstring stretches, and shoulder rotation dislocates.

Average HR of 125 bpm @ 83% of MHR for 32 minutes.

Working with the Special Olympians last night. Everyone is looking forward to the upcoming Summer Games Qualifier in powerlifting in March. I'm learning more about some of their particular characteristics to pay attention to while lifting to make it safer for them and help them to lift more. A couple of them were asking about what their attempts would be, and while I've been mulling that over, I haven't come to firm decisions for all of them as yet. I don't have to correct minor form flaws as much now, they pretty much have hand placement and spacing on the bar figured out. Foot placement is coming along a little at a time.

Ball Cap.jpg

The first session of Jujitsu this year, too bad there are no new students yet. Maybe when in-class instruction begins next week at SIU some will show up. Working with Ken on Purple Belt 1st degree techniques. A fair portion of the techniques for this belt are things he's learned already but with some refinements at this level of performance. He's picking them up slowly, with the exception of the back goose neck hold. It's another example of how some techniques have to be seen to learn properly, and this wrist lock gets applied out of sight and behind the back. He can't see what I'm doing. Despite a lot of talking and adjustment of his attempts, we finally had to move on to keep his frustration level from overcoming further learning of other techniques.

Deadlift: 322, 1-1-1-1-1. 270-5 for a backoff set.

Hip Belt Squats: 95-185-225-275-395-315-345. Still looking for a 1RM. I managed to bend one of the D-rings apart on my dip belt and had to replace it with a heavy carabiner.

Music: Fanfare for the Common Man, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, William Tell Overture, Immigrant Song, Star Spangled Banner, Peter Gunn Theme, Danger Zone, Back in Black, Volga Boatman Song, Four Seasons, Ring of Fire, Grapevine, Respect, Dream On, We're Not Gonna Take It, Kickstart My Heart.

Average HR of 125 bpm @ 83% of MHR for 65 minutes.

Somehow or other I bruised or strained a rib, my 9th right rib I think. I happened in the last week or so. No idea what it resulted from, certainly not from taking a hit or a fall that I can recall. It keeps me awake at night, especially if I turn over. Happily, while it also hurts bending over during a squat or a deadlift, it isn't so painful that it stops me. But it is a distraction I can do without.

Seated Press: 162, 1-1-1-1-1. 135-5 for a backoff set.

Dips: 25-5, 50-3, 75-1=1RM

Hammer Low Row: 262, 1-1-1-1-1. 215-5 for a backoff set.

Music: Semper Fidelis, Bohemian Rhapsody, Eye of the Tiger, Bolero, Fire on High, Amazing Grace, Dueling Banjos, Discombobulate, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, Relax, Erlkonig, Lunatic Fringe.

Things are coming together all of sudden this week.

Us park district martial arts folks have two more dates with the Girl Scouts set up this month. DB had some really good suggestions for topics and questions for the young ladies to ask and for us to cover with them.

Then there's the upcoming meet February 5th. Followed shortly thereafter by a trip to the newly opened Starting Strength Gym in Memphis to get some coaching for my form. Just got that last nailed down this morning.

90% 1RM for singles and 75% for backoff set.

Squat: 226 1-1-1-1-1. 180-5 for a backoff set.

High Pulls: 165 1-1-1-1-1, 135-5.

Music: Gloria, Mississippi Queen, Welcome to the Jungle, Urgent, Great Gates of Kiev, Working in a Coal Mine, Dragonstone, Canadian Railroad Trilogy.

Average HR of 127bpm @ 85% of MHR for 52 minutes.

Coaching the Special Olympians tonight. Jacob came back from having Covid last week and lifted much better than expected. He has retained remembering the form cues quite well despite the down time. Kaydee continues to push the envelope with her deadlifts with no end in sight as yet. Jereth is doing the same with his own squat and deadlift. Tonight he managed a top single without bending his arms halfway up. A major victory for him.

starting strength coach development program
    Bench Press: 206, 1-1-1-1-1. 170-5 for a backoff set.

Push Press: 110, 1-1-1-1-1. 90-5 for a backoff set.

Hammer High Row: 250, 1-1-1-1-1. 210-5 for a backoff set.

Average HR of 115 bpm @ 78% of MHR for 50 minutes.