starting strength gym
Page 92 of 659 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192592 ... LastLast

Thread: Geezer's Long March Toward the Elite Sneaking Up On the Finish Line

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I used to travel to Colorado every 4-6 weeks some years back on business. It sounds like you're around Littleton. A nice area indeed. Of course tertius will never forgive you for falling under the spell of that devil-spawn company that Darth Cheney was part of.

I'm just north of littleton in englewood. I actually work for Landmark Graphics (a company Halliburton bought a while back) and have no connection what so ever to the field operations and contracting arms. And it's Darth LORD Cheney.

Oh, Jamie's a lost cause. No matter where he works, he's just going to spend his money on drugs and hookers anyway.

Weight: 248

5 minute warmup on the bike. (Light Day)

Dips: Bodyweight x 8 x 3 + 10. I havent done these for over a year. Amazing how hard just 3 seemed in the first few sets.

Power Cleans: 135 x 8 x 3. Tweaked my back again dammit! This may require a second trip to the chiro this week. Shit-shit-shit.

Front Squats: 135 x 3 x 6.

GXP and I finished with foam roller and stretching.

I got SS:3 in the mail last night. Only to page 20 so far and what a start! As complete an explanation of position of body alignment and movement along center axis as I have ever read. We talk about this in mushin ryu to some degree but it's all in the oral tradition. The text backstopped with illustrations and angles is really eye opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    I got SS:3 in the mail last night. Only to page 20 so far and what a start! As complete an explanation of position of body alignment and movement along center axis as I have ever read. We talk about this in mushin ryu to some degree but it's all in the oral tradition. The text backstopped with illustrations and angles is really eye opening.
    How come everybody's getting theirs except me? You got the hardcover?

No the softcover. Dearly Beloved was laughing about how much curiousity it occasioned from our daughter when it arrived yesterday. She's always been fascinated when people get packages. Especially me since I never get them.

No the softcover. Dearly Beloved was laughing about how much curiousity it occasioned from our daughter when it arrived yesterday. She's always been fascinated when people get packages. Especially me since I never get them.
    Should buy her a copy too. She should have good genes for strength, by the sounds of things.

Quote Originally Posted by tertius View Post
    Should buy her a copy too. She should have good genes for strength, by the sounds of things.
    Jah. A lot of people we know and love are getting this book for Christmas. Some will be pleased. Some will be...bemused.

She does indeed have that potential, but she is entirely uninterested in anything but dancing. One of my most significant failures as a parent.

starting strength coach development program
    She does indeed have that potential, but she is entirely uninterested in anything but dancing. One of my most significant failures as a parent.
    That was me from the age of 6 to about my mid-30's. And now look what's happened. ;-)