starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The effort to be a more useful person/better looking sandwich.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Last straw yesterday I had a terrible time just doing my job - so not cool. Sewer metering got put on hold in favor of more pressing stuff but I got a chance to move some of them. I previously did it every week and could schlep around the 500 pounds of equipment no problemo. No longer, since I am not doing it for work I have to do it at home. For some reason I can't make myself. My grip issues due to the never right again broken thumb don't help. This nagging thigh pain the keeps me up sometimes is bad too. I will try to write down what I do to encourage myself by being accountable?
    Yesterday,
    Moved a couple winches, tripod, blowing thing, and a generator and lot of little gear on off the truck up and down hills etc. for three confined space entries, I could not get the manhole lid back on two of the manholes but the guy with me did it. I am ashamed. I used to be able to get them off, get them on and shove them around big time.

Today, spin class was fun even if it is odd and I have like NOTHING in common with those people. And it is beautiful outside. I should ride outside but no one around to do it with. Unlike Spar's opinion, that women can do stuff like ride public transportation alone I beg to differ. After being attacked as a kid I do very little alone where I could be grabbed again so I am at the mercy of finding someone to do stuff with. I have the rest of forever to be dead. I make an active effort to stay alive.

I said I would pick up a bunch of bricks they are throwing away at work. I suck at backing up a trailer despite owning three of them so will head up without it check it out and decide if I go up there alone possibly wrangle turning around without backing up (trailer uncoupling and recoupling). I know cheating. But where the bricks are is in a yard and if I tear up the grass there will be hell to pay. Once again engineering staff fucking up maintenance's shit. I should have driven the gator yesterday, truck and trailer but did not. My departmentmates refuse to drive it so only I am left. I try to get this work done as maintenance resents if when they have to help me but trouble getting my own guys to help. Bricks will probably be it for a workout today.
    Asked my buddy to paddle tomorrow but he wants to hit the river. It is high, I'd rather do a long flatwater run but my thigh bothers me in the long boat. One glimmer of hope is rolling class was like 85% effective and I missed one so only had two tries to learn. I am no longer afraid of a wet exit or rolling in general but am still afraid of big water, lost the balls for it. I am totally gung ho about doing it ourselves; perfecting the roll, and fuck the hoity toity UVA pool class shit (although the eye candy over there is awesome) but buddy says have to prefect it in the pool before the field. I disagree but don't want to drown so no doing it by myself.
    Off to wrangle bricks. There are pretty many of them. But commitment to do a little dead lifting when I get back if I am not too tired.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by rtzptut View Post
    Today, spin class was fun even if it is odd and I have like NOTHING in common with those people. And it is beautiful outside. I should ride outside but no one around to do it with. Unlike Spar's opinion, that women can do stuff like ride public transportation alone I beg to differ. After being attacked as a kid I do very little alone where I could be grabbed again so I am at the mercy of finding someone to do stuff with. I have the rest of forever to be dead. I make an active effort to stay alive.
    Hi rtzptut, I just found your log. Hang in there with the barbells! I am so sorry to hear the above. I've been teaching women's self-defense for about eight years. You are not alone with these feelings. I am not going to give you internet advice, I just wanted to say "hey" and "well done" for what you've already accomplished.

Gwynn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12