28kg x5x3
    33kg x5x2
    38kg x5x2
    43kg x5x3

Deadlift
    28kg x5
    48kg x5
    68kg x5

Trap discomfort fading away so I'm back on the wagon sooner than I thought. Novice SS with front squats.

I'm just skimming, and I dont remember posting in this log.. I must have been high as shit. Regardless..

Why are you doing zerchers? and what the fuck is a floor press? Your weights (going by deadlift, since I dont recognize anything else) are damn low (no offense ofc) to be fucking with the program. I understand you're not doing the program but I have to ask - why the fuck aren't you? I bet if you could back squat 300lbs that would transfer to a much better zoidberg or whatever. I dont understand the purpose of front squats at all, loading the quads MORE? fuck that.

Anyways, I pray for your elbows. Hope this didn't come across as too dickish, i need a toke!

You came across loud and clear last time, dsp. I wouldn't have guessed you were high.

I don't have space for a squat rack or a bench. So I have to use squat and bench press variations. I don't/won't have the equipment to do the SS program.

Quote Originally Posted by dsp View Post
    I'm just skimming, and I dont remember posting in this log.. I must have been high as shit. Regardless..

Why are you doing zerchers? and what the fuck is a floor press? Your weights (going by deadlift, since I dont recognize anything else) are damn low (no offense ofc) to be fucking with the program. I understand you're not doing the program but I have to ask - why the fuck aren't you? I bet if you could back squat 300lbs that would transfer to a much better zoidberg or whatever. I dont understand the purpose of front squats at all, loading the quads MORE? fuck that.

Anyways, I pray for your elbows. Hope this didn't come across as too dickish, i need a toke!
    You sound pretty aggro to me. If you don't want to sound dickish, consider not using "fuck" ever other word. Just sayin'.

FS and floor presses are legit lifts. Some people stick to floor press instead of bench exclusively if they have shoulder issues and good 'ol Pavel recommends them in PTTP. Sometimes the best path isn't the fastest but the one that can actually be accomplished.

Anyways, nice lifting. Are you cleaning all of your front squats? Dan John claims that, if you can front squat some weight for a triple, you should be able to clean it. That leaves a lot of room for advancement.

starting strength coach development program
    oh. i admire what you're doing then, actually. sorry for not reading thoroughly. no options of joining a local gym? zerchers just sound terrible, no way you can pile some mats/carpets and dump the bar on them if you had to? i mean, you'd have to jerk the weight there, but you'd be my hero.

EDIT: how do you do floor presses? just suck up the small amount of ROM?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123