starting strength gym
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: acquiring alpha male status (lvling up my T)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    You're right man. I'm obsessing. alright, i'm going back to my regular plan. SS with eating for recovery/maintenance/whatever my body needs - junk. cutting out dairy, sweets, peanut butter.

i'm thinking of picking up creatine and some casein too. i eat a ton of real food, and protein powder is pretty filling so I can use it as as a meal.

i'm going to neglect the power clean this time around. if my deadlift doesn't keep rising up without it, I will throw those rows out of the fucking park and re-implement the real exercise. honestly, i fucking hate rows, but mine are so weak that I feel I should work on them. explosively this time.

anything else you guys think I should spend my money on?
    Last edited by dsp; 06-25-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Been a fucking while. 6 days since my last training session (plus i didnt get to a computer last night). Saturday I punched a guy in the face and his tooth infected my knuckle, got prescribed anti biotics but it jettisoned out on tuesday. Blah blah, time for my first SS training session:

FIRST SS SESSION (there will only be two thiss week, wednesday and friday) :

29/06/11

squat 210 3x5 your usual squat workout - hard as balls, but i managed.

bench 170 3x5 no missed reps or help from spotter, but I want to deload further. my arms were shaking.

deadlift 300 1x5 again, felt too hard for just getting back into the program. no back rounding, but I used mixed grip my last 2 reps. thats a fail in my books.

abs 3 sets.

i was eating great until last night i ate like a whole bag of tortilla chips with cheese. reason? i got immensely high and was a bottomless pit. upping protein even more. also picked up creatine, havent started it yet. confused as to whether i load up and maintain or just take 5g a day for forever.

gonna deload everything to hammer out form. but fuck, i missed SS, its so brutally hard and makes you a fuel engine. on days where i feel i havent eaten enough, i'll go for 2x5 with the weight increases. NEED MICROPLATES, if anyone could link me to a good cheap set that fit on the bigger barbells, ill post pictures of my asshole.

Why the hell would using a mixed grip constitute a failure?

Also,
    http://www.amazon.com/1-25-Grey-Olym...9467860&sr=1-1

THE EARTH HAS SHATTERED. I HAVE ORDERED MY MICROPLATES. I wanted the ones from amazon along with a bunch of chalk, but they don't ship to Canada, the fuckers. I spent $30 bucks on TWO 1.25lb olympic plate weights, 10 bucks for the plates (rip off) and 20 bucks for shipping (bigger rip off). I don't give a fuck, they're on their way and my balls are fucking swimming in excitement.

Sunday I start creatine loading. LET THE ALPHA MALE-NESS BEGIN!

ps. i never use mixed grip, i've gotten up to 330 with the hook grip. deadlift is the only thing in the routine for forearms, and mixed grip just feels unnatural.. i rather crush my thumbs.

this week was poorly planned, friday was canada day so the gym was closed and getting shitfaced was in order. i'm going to do a major deload in preparation for my microplates, as well as start loading up creatine tomorrow. as for now, i'm going to the kegger.

03/07/11

squat 215 3x5 easy as fuck

press 105 3x5 easy as fuck

row 140 3x5 easy as fuck

today i started creatine supplementation. i woke up, made breakfast, put a scoop in my tea, researched pendlay row form, and then hit the gym. WOW. I must be a fucking super responder, because my rest times were cut in HALF (even if the weights are low due to a deload). By the time I walked to the fountain and back, 15 seconds and I was doing another set. This is gonna be fucking great. All reps in the row were explosive, and they will continue to be.

this week won't be a total fuckup like last week, i'll make sure to hit the gym on tuesday and thursday. i deloaded so that ill reach around where I was struggling on the press/bench to coincide with my microplates delivery. I CANT FUCKING WAIT.

ps, im getting abs by eating paleo and doing 2 sets of weighted declines (50#), and 1 set unweighted. feels good brah.

05/07/11 tuesday

squat 220 3x5 easy as fuck

bench 150 3x5 easy as fuck (rested about 20seconds between sets, was working in with some dude)

deadlift 280 1x5 pretty damn easy

up to 70# on decline sit ups

cool. day 3 of creatine loading. took a nap, ate some chili and drank some tea before the gym, was a real easy and fast session today. microplates haven't shipped yet, fuck UPS. actually, fuck canada.

07/07/11 thursday

squat 225 3x5 found the perfect width for my legs. my left leg is a little longer, so i have to stick it out about an inch more.

press 110 3x5 lifting heavy fucking cabinets all day long at work didn't help.

row 150 3x5 not explosive. i hate this lift. hurts my wrists (i've broken both, twice.)

decline sit ups 55#x15 (PR), 60#x5 (PR)

chins BW+10 5/4/3 i loved these!

fuck rows, i'm not even giving them a chance. i don't feel like they work anything, regardless if i "hitch it up" or not. i'm going to be replacing them with weighted chins, since they target the same muscle group and feel fucking great. APE STRENGTH HERE I COME.

...really wish i could check my bodyweight. whatever, CHEERS TO THE WEEKEND MY FRIENDS!

11/07/11 monday (mwf fits in my schedule better than stt)

squat 230 3x5 finally back at 2 plates. easy (well, easy in context, squats are fucking hard)

bench 160 3x5 really easy, glad i resetted as far as i did. more glad i jumped 10 lbs instead of 5.

DL 290 1x5 first 2 reps were DOH, last 3 were mixed.

sit ups 60# x 15*, 65# x 8 these increase fast as fuck! linear progression ftw

GTG (grease the groove) 3x5 morning, after work, before bed. i'm gonna start doing them with towels to increase my DOH grip.

creatine is great. my workouts last half as long, my rest times seem cut by 70% or higher. yeah, i'm throwing statistics at you, eat it.

starting strength coach development program
    13/07/11 wednesday

squat 235 3x5 easy, quick sets. doing it barefoot cause im a g

press 115 3x5 these fuck up my left elbow, not sure why. time to microload, hopefully they come this week.

chins 10# 3x5 an inch away from completing my last rep. gonna go ahead and increase by 2.5# anyways

leglifts 15#x15, 20#x15*

oblique situps 10#x15, 20#x15, 25#x15* easy as fuck

GTG towel pull ups (neutral grip) 3x5

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast