Default Day #3

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Reps
    2 (OBCFF)
    3x5 105kg (weighed chins)

Total: 17

Just my two cents: Grease the groove works better--and has less impact on your other training--if you give it a bit longer. Like aiming for the twenty pullups by the end of August. That way it's sort of an imperceptible uptick in work on the targeted movement. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronan the Barbarian View Post
    Just my two cents: Grease the groove works better--and has less impact on your other training--if you give it a bit longer. Like aiming for the twenty pullups by the end of August. That way it's sort of an imperceptible uptick in work on the targeted movement. Good luck.
    You're right. July is too ambitious, August is better. I'll change my goal - thank you.

Good luck. Hope you get the twenty. It's pretty cool when grease the groove works. You jump on the bar to test your max, and the pullups just keep on coming.

Nice work so far man, you really went for it!

I just have one caveat that I feel obligated to repeat...

I still think it might be worth considering not using bands if you can avoid it. Sounds like some other folks who have chimed in have actually done this program and can comment on it better than I, but my impression from reading is that it's important to grease the right groove, so to speak. ie, instead of two banded chins, try one regular chin.

And you're spacing them all throughout the day, right?

is it important to space them throughout the day? what if i did a set 30 mins ago and im bored as fuck and want to do another one right now? or if i do all of them in a 5 hour spacing?

Jgh, When i can do a whole load of band ones then i'll use BW. It's not super easy atm with the bands, i'd say about 70-80%, and after orange band i have yellow too, which offers even less resistance. But lets see what happens. My reasonign for using bands is to get some of the GtG benefits without the fatigue of doing unassisted ones. Eventually i hope to smoothly transition from bands to bandless - say once ive worked up to 100 reps a day banded.

Yep spacing them out, except when i do them as part of my regular training session.

So, wait, you can already do chins and pullups yes?

Yep

Default Day #4

starting strength coach development program
    Reps

Total: 15

I did these using OB across the pins, which gives less assistance than hung from the bar.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast