starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5's what-the-f training log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by 5inthehall View Post
    @ xcardio: Ha! That was a notational error -- it was 20 sets of 2 on the chins, so not nearly as impressive. Still though, enough volume to make my abs, lats, and biceps cry a little today. I'm doing it on Rip's suggestion to cure elbow tendinitis. The idea is to aggravate the shit out of the tendon and force it to heal. Counterintuitive, but nothing else has worked.
    I have three friends out of commission [from climbing] due to this right now and I'd definitely love to hear if this works for you so that I can pass it on. Right now they're just doing extensor stuff and reverse wrist curl negatives.

starting strength coach development program
    Frota: After I hunted you down on Facebook, I think you're entitled to stalk me here! I'm still discovering the women's logs. So far I'm following TBone (competitive lifter forum) and ADay (this one), but I plan to look for more. I've seen posts by someone named CBryan who seems like she might have stats similar to yours.

jgh: So far I've seen a slight improvement with my elbow on the chin-like-a-maniac plan. I'll keep you posted.

7-14-11
    One hour walk in the soup that is outdoor Georgia right now.

7-15-11
    Squat:
    45x5x2
    65x3
    85x2
    105x1
    121.5 x 5 x 3 (try #2) It's about fucking time.
    95x5 for depth practice and stretch-reflex recognition

OHP:
    20x5
    30x5
    45x1
    58.5 x 4 x 4 (-1.5 after last time's failure)

I should probably be more upset that I didn't get all five reps. Instead I did a fourth set.

Deadlift:
    95x5
    115x3
    135x1
    155x1
    170 x 3 (+2.5) rep PR
    140x5

I'm doing triples on DL top sets instead of five's, mainly because I want a two-plate deadlift too much to be patient. So today's performance is a green light to move on. Vid for those of you who like to watch these things. Last rep had too much rounding, but my back does not hurt today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12