Workout C
    cut it short as it started raining.

One handed snatches:
    82.5x3x3

One handed bent over rows:
    25x8x3 each hand

One handed snatches:
    85x3x6

Im feeling under the weather today. I may just take tomorrow off all together. I missed a rep on my fifth set on my right arm. Busted out another rep immediately so I just roll with it and go up again next time I train. I cant wait to have atleast 25's on each side.

Decided to man up and finish my session for the day.

workout a:
    farmers walk
    60x60ftx5 each arm

kb swings:
    50x30x2
    Last edited by Rusty9; 09-07-2011 at 10:37 PM. Reason: added a set on the swings.

Todays workout went well. My grip is feeling like it was very close to failing on the one handed snatches(which from now on will be referred to as OHS)on the left side on the later sets. I think I may invest in some chalk. I really hate spending money but not as bad as missing my goals. The 2on 1off schedule seems to be going well. I hope I continue to go along this path for a while. I dont see why not my rate of progression seems very sustainable based on how I have been feeling.

Workout B:

OHS:
    87.5x3x6 both sides

OHP:
    92.5x8x3

Front squats:
    155x5x3
    Last edited by Rusty9; 09-08-2011 at 01:40 PM.

today was a beast. I think I will be doing 3x3 on the cleans. on a positive note I bought some chalk yesterday and used it for the first time today. I liked the chalk experience. The weight felt much more secure in my grip. I found it for cheap at a local climbing store. 4oz for 2 bucks. Ive been eating more cake and muffins than I should be. I would guess my weights up a few pounds.

OHS:
    90x3x6

P Cleans:
    155x3x5

1hand bent row:
    27.5x8x3
    Last edited by Rusty9; 09-10-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Bad weather today. No training outside for me. I decided to do some deadlifts. I only have 312.5 lbs of weights so that's what I decided to go with today.

DL's
    worked up to 312.5x1x2 (PR)
    tried for a third and failed

I really think I could have done much more if I had been fresh and not been doing such a back intensive routine the day before. I think I will take an extra day off. I weighed myself and I did go up to 166 again. Im going to start going to the boxing gym again on fridays, pretty excited about it. If the friday falls on one of the regularly scheduled training days, I will just skip the snatches. If it falls on a day off I will take off the day before so every other week I will have one less training session. Im sure it wont hurt Im currently doing 4-5/wk which is okay with my few exercises.

Anybody know if DL'ing on a carpet on plywood sub flooring is significantly different than doing it on a hard surface which doesn't give as much?

I really like when I change my programming just temporarily due to inability to actually do my program. Those two singles were nice. It may be just them or the accumulation of fatigue from the day before with the cleans and the one handed snatches but I feel like I have been beat with a stick. I like it. Just thought I would note how I am feeling today as it was out of the ordinary and I changed my routine a little in order to get some work in. Im going to go to the globo in a 10-15 days and give 315 a go. I've really wanted to hit that landmark for a while. Im thinking I am going to substitute the 3x5 pwer cleans with a 5x1 deadlift instead (reps x sets). Im thinking about starting at 275, I think that should be about right.
    Last edited by Rusty9; 09-12-2011 at 08:02 AM.

I'm sure you could pull 315 at least once without changing your programming, given that you got 312.5 for two. You're already there and just have to do it!

Re your carpet vs concrete question above, I think it would depend on what's under the wood. I doubt the carpet itself would make a big difference since it gets squished up pretty fast. But I'm just guessing since no one else responded.. :-)

Yeah Im pretty sure I could have done it last night if I had the weights. I just wanted to add in the deadlifts so that I was doing something very heavy at least once a week. Plus one set instead of 5 will be good on me time wise.

I was just wondering about the difference because my scale only says I weigh like 30 pounds when it's on the carpet. Its just air, insulation, and framing underneath (I live in a second story apartment) I figured this may translate to having to push harder to get the bar to come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty9 View Post
    Yeah Im pretty sure I could have done it last night if I had the weights. I just wanted to add in the deadlifts so that I was doing something very heavy at least once a week. Plus one set instead of 5 will be good on me time wise.

I was just wondering about the difference because my scale only says I weigh like 30 pounds when it's on the carpet. Its just air, insulation, and framing underneath (I live in a second story apartment) I figured this may translate to having to push harder to get the bar to come up.
    I hope you don't ever accidentally drop the weight... :-)

starting strength coach development program
    Yeah me either, I dont think I would be getting my deposit back. I have thought about making a multi-piece platform type of thing that I can store easily but I don't know if I really want to do all that work and spend the money on the lumber. I probably won't.

No training today going to take an extra day off. Came down with a cold or something yesterday and it's still getting me today. Sucks my whole family was sick last week and I thought I was going to get off scott free. Yeah right, what was I thinking.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast