starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting Big

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Carlos, if my weight gain is too much fat, things will be adjusted. Not until then. And it won't be for quite a while as I have very good genetics. Putting on lean mass easily runs in my family.

3/28
    Today was something of a loss. I got over to the gym late and ended up falling asleep on the floor.

Had these amazing biscuits today. Dense and somewhat like a very thick cracker.
    Dinner is either fresh feral hog backstrap or meatza. The plan was for the latter, but an acquaintance brought the pig meat by this afternoon. Tough choice. Snacking on bologna until I decide.

3/30
    Weight still up only one pound over last week (so +8 pounds since joining the gym two weeks ago). Disappointing.

Confirmed that squatting with weights is not going to work. I cannot get my shoulders back in the correct position and incorrect positions do not keep the bar secure.

Since I cannot squat that way, I did some bodyweight squats and then squat+jumps.
    I am good shape for these.
    Followed that up with neck work to build my yoke.

Bologna, t-bone steak with lots of fat and a bit of grass in the evening.

Life is good.

Today my friend made fish biscuits especially for me. They're not for everyone, but here's the recipe:

3 cups rolled oats, ground up
    2 cups corn meal
    1 can tinned milk (evaporated milk), 15oz
    1 can mackerel, 15 oz, including juice
    3 eggs
    2 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients. Drop a heaping tablespoonful on a baking sheet for each biscuit. Cook at 375F x 11 min. Eat warm or cool with slices of cheese.

4/2
    Wrestling practise -- grip, throws and turns -- a couple of hourse this afternoon. Things got a bit out of hand, really.

At the gym:
    Squat jumps x 20ish (not so good at counting)
    Sprints x about 40 x 10m or so

Yoga/meditation session: basic stretches followed by total relaxation and breathing exercises

The King
    This is the best protein drink I've ever had and I've named it after myself, naturally. Lot of variations as any liquid fat will work well. Bacon grease, goose fat, beef drippings, olive oil (in a pinch) and so on. Simple, easy, high calorie and absolutely delicious. Easy to scale up.

1/3 cup warm grease (used pork today)
    3 raw eggs
    + salt

Mix grease and eggs until the yolk has fully emulsified the fat, sprinkle of salt to taste, down the hatch (best at about room temperature).

That.. is the most unappealing "drink" I've ever had the displeasure of imagining. And fish biscuits?! This is an undercover log for weird food isnt it lol

Don't imagine, just try it. It's smooth and creamy and tastes like eggs and meat -- no weird sweeteners or flavors like shakes prepared from powders. The fat makes it so the egg isn't "snotty". But I guess it does help if you like raw eggs.

Biscuits can be made with other meat (surely you wouldn't object to bacon biscuits?) or even liver (best way to eat liver, I think). They were fish because fish is cheap. Really it comes out like fried fish and hushpuppies. Don't tell me you don't like those things, bro. That would be wrong.

4/4
    Big wrestling session. I'm getting too tense with my mouth though. Teeth hurt from clamping them down.
    I'm working against someone almost 2x my size. My successes are all from quickness and daring, but I am getting thrown around pretty good.
    Redoubling my efforts to increase mass.

4/5
    There was this complete asshole at the gym that was fucking with me today. He didn't say much, but kept staring and trying to lure me into a confrontation. A couple of girls interrupted whatever was developing. They came right up to me and started messing with my hair. I think I am in love with the little blonde one, wouldn't mind going home with her.

Anyway, training was sprints, depth jumps and speed drills.

I had two batches of The King today, just for skipbeat. One was made with butter and olive oil and the other with juice and fat leftover from my hamburgers. Splendid.

4/6
    Dropped by the gym briefly for my weekly weigh in.
    3 week weight gain = 12 pounds.
    Not bad.

4/8
    Morning walk/run.
    Afternoon swim.
    Evening nap.

It IS Sunday AND a holiday, you know...

I just found out that I'll be going to the June seminar. That's 9 weeks. I plan to be at least 20# heavier by then.

This is my new favorite log. You're better than the guy in China! Solid gains.

I'm just bewildered at why anyone would want to gain weight without lifting weights.. it's going to be almost all fat! Unless the King is very, very anorexic, I don't see it being beneficial in any form..

starting strength coach development program
    As I've posted, I'm not able to use weights at this time. Not everyone is built the same way and not everyone has the same ability to get into position. Don't worry, man. I'm not getting fat. I'm very active.

Checked in with my doc today for a routine checkup, vaccines and Rx renewal. Office had NO acceptable members of the opposite sex, and the stethoscope was about 20F, but at least no embarrassing invasive sampling or groping was required.

4/9
    ~3hrs combatives work

Utterly exhausting. I'm making up for it today with lots of chicken and a big nap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast