starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting Big

Default Getting Big

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Goal: Get BIG (need to add about 100 pounds). Must get stronger and at the same time stay in shape for my job.

Program: Bodyweight exercises, jump training, wrestling, daily walk/running, big eating and sleeping.

Progress Summary:
    Week 1-12: I don't have my exact starting weight because I couldn't get to a gym yet. I gained a bunch of weight though, about 30 pounds.
    Week 13 : Joined a gym. I've been observing mostly while there and continuing to work on my basic program. Not sure I'm ready to squat with iron yet. Gained 6 pounds.

Your majesty will need iron if he's to gain muscle instead of fat.

what the fuck

All in good time, Carlos. Things are going quite well, I think. My trainer is more concerned that I do not eat enough, but I am not much for forcing things down. I have access to a lot of meat, so my focus is on quality. I also am able to get quite a bit of rest during the day and that extra sleep is paying off.

what the fuck
    Slightly abrasive there, skipbeat.

3/24 Rest day.
    Breakfast: Raw beef, a scoop of mass gainer and a little bit of fried egg (friend's leftovers). NO COFFEE. I've tried it, but it's not my thing.
    Lunch: Beef gravy, scoop of mass gainer and coddled eggs.
    A friend brought this other guy over and we got into a bit of a fight.
    Dinner: Pork and leftover beef from this morning all mixed with olive oil and cheese. I also ate a heaping fablespoonful of bacon grease followed by two of peanut butter.
    Water: Lots!

3/25
    0.5mi walk, short swim, 0.5mi walk before breakfast.
    Not very much appetite today.
    Lots of long naps though, since it is Sunday.
    Plan to fill up tonight in prep for a big week.

Why would you train with wrestling and walking if you want to get big?

As long as the King is getting in more calories than he burns, it shouldn't be a problem. Based on the short food log from 3/24, I would say he is doing just fine.

3/26
    I was at the gym for a while yesterday. Got to watch some great snatches and cleans. LOTS of attention from the ladies, as usual.
    Tried squatting and I'm totally fucking things up with bodyweight. I don't think I'm built for it.
    Diet was unexceptional, with most calories coming at the end of the day with my favorite: raw meat. Today it was beef, nicely aged, room temp, smallish pieces. I tried to savor it, but pretty much gulped it down.

3/27
    Just stopped by the gym tonight. Up another pound this week. Pretty good. An older lifter was eating double-cheeseburgers and ditching the bun. I got to eat those. Pretty happy about that too.

Biggmatt, thanks. I see some people on here worrying that I'm going to overdo the eating, but the feedback on the ground here is that I'm undereating. I don't think anyone can get into too much trouble with meat, and that's mostly what I eat. Everything else is either filler or peanut butter. I have 3 pounds of bacon at the house that will be devoured soon.

Why would you train with wrestling and walking if you want to get big?
    Wrestling is for skill development. Walking is how I get around most of the time. Eating is my primary strategy for getting big.

starting strength coach development program
    You seem to fail to understand that in order to make the weight gain in question be muscle, some things must be done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast