scteacher's general log scteacher's general log - Page 41

starting strength gym
Page 41 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 1725

Thread: scteacher's general log

  1. #401
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    • wichita falls texas march seminar date
    • woodmere new york april seminar date
    Oh the struggles of being a lifter. All of the sudden, I think I want knee sleeves, but I don't know if I really need them. :-) Hmmm, any reasons why I shouldn't get them? (Other than the high price?)

  2. #402
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Bend, WI
    Posts
    10,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scteacher View Post
    Oh the struggles of being a lifter. All of the sudden, I think I want knee sleeves, but I don't know if I really need them. :-) Hmmm, any reasons why I shouldn't get them? (Other than the high price?)
    I would get them. The little extra tightness they have feels nice if you are squatting a lot. They keep your knees warm too. I have heard that the Titan knee sleeves are really good, and they are way less than the blue rehbands.

  3. #403
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    Great work on the bench!

    I think you'll set some great PRs at the meet!

  4. #404
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    9/12/13

    Oh my goodness!! One really great day!

    Press 100x1, 90x2x5. In the triple digits with my press!!

    Bench 95x3x3 first reps paused

    GPP?? Nope, I got totally distracted. I was setting up to do banded chins and decided it was time to try one unassisted. I've tried this plenty of times, pre and post surgery, but I never had a strict chin in my life. I kipped a little back in the day. Now the last time I tried a chin, I pretty much didn't move.

    Tonight I almost got my chin over the bar 3 times! I am so, so close!

    Conditioning x 13 sprints
    Air dyne 15 sec/1:15 easy

  5. #405
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scteacher View Post
    9/12/13

    Oh my goodness!! One really great day!

    Press 100x1, 90x2x5. In the triple digits with my press!!

    Bench 95x3x3 first reps paused

    GPP?? Nope, I got totally distracted. I was setting up to do banded chins and decided it was time to try one unassisted. I've tried this plenty of times, pre and post surgery, but I never had a strict chin in my life. I kipped a little back in the day. Now the last time I tried a chin, I pretty much didn't move.

    Tonight I almost got my chin over the bar 3 times! I am so, so close!

    Conditioning x 13 sprints
    Air dyne 15 sec/1:15 easy
    That is an awesome day!!!

  6. #406
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Hooray for awesome progress!

  7. #407
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, UK
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Nice press!! In a couple of weeks you'll have that chin up :-)

  8. #408
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    Great Press!!!

  9. #409
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,817

    Default

    Have you tried some lat pull downs with a chin-up grip?

  10. #410
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    I would get them. The little extra tightness they have feels nice if you are squatting a lot. They keep your knees warm too. I have heard that the Titan knee sleeves are really good, and they are way less than the blue rehbands.
    Thanks! That's all I needed. I'm getting them.

    Aleli, Melody, Jenica, Yonkyo, thank you all! I appreciate the support!


    Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    Have you tried some lat pull downs with a chin-up grip?
    I haven't yet. The gym I frequent the most doesn't have a pull down machine, but I could do them at my other gym probably once a week. Good idea!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •