Page 42 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: scteacher's general log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by scteacher View Post
    9/12/13

Oh my goodness!! One really great day!

Press 100x1, 90x2x5. In the triple digits with my press!!

Bench 95x3x3 first reps paused

GPP?? Nope, I got totally distracted. I was setting up to do banded chins and decided it was time to try one unassisted. I've tried this plenty of times, pre and post surgery, but I never had a strict chin in my life. I kipped a little back in the day. Now the last time I tried a chin, I pretty much didn't move.

Tonight I almost got my chin over the bar 3 times! I am so, so close!

Conditioning x 13 sprints
    Air dyne 15 sec/1:15 easy
    LEAH!!!!!!!!! Fanfuckingtastic on all counts. The press? Triple digits? Holy cow, shoulder woman! Kudos to you x 100.

9/13/13

Another great day here. I did not go into this week thinking these lifts were going to happen, so this is pretty fun.

Deadlift 270x1 pretty much a PR. I have lifted more one time, but I'm pretty sure it was a hitched DL, and I weighed a lot more, like maybe 45 lbs more.

255x2x5

LBBS 205x5x3 One of the trainers came over to tell me that I was finally squatting the way God intended me to squat. :-)
    I did set the hooks too high again, and that made racking my first set too scary. This is the last time I forget that the low bar setting needs to be lower.

And then I went home!

Quote Originally Posted by scteacher View Post
    Oh the struggles of being a lifter. All of the sudden, I think I want knee sleeves, but I don't know if I really need them. :-) Hmmm, any reasons why I shouldn't get them? (Other than the high price?)
    You need them. I got some because Oldman got some, and at first I didn't wear mine because I thought it wouldn't make a difference. I was wrong. It does. My creaky knees warm up and are much more fluid due to the compression that the sleeves offer.

Quote Originally Posted by SquatQueen View Post
    LEAH!!!!!!!!! Fanfuckingtastic on all counts. The press? Triple digits? Holy cow, shoulder woman! Kudos to you x 100.
    Quote Originally Posted by SquatQueen View Post
    You need them. I got some because Oldman got some, and at first I didn't wear mine because I thought it wouldn't make a difference. I was wrong. It does. My creaky knees warm up and are much more fluid due to the compression that the sleeves offer.
    Thanks!!!! I am quite happy with my training progress! I did have a little bit of a shoulder "drop" tonight with my low bar squats, and I'm pretty sure I remember that you had this happen too. My first set tonight was just not quite right for the final rep, but I pulled it together and finished my remaining two set without trouble. But the first set was disconcerting. It's all feeling better and better, so I holding out lots of hope that I'll be able to work past this too.

And I'm going to buy sleeves, I just needed a little push. Thanks!

Congratulations on both your 100 pound press and your 270 deadlift - which looked fast and easy!

Amazing progress!

So encouraging, teach, especially the 100lb press which was my press goal pre-surgery. Did you HBBS before surgery? I tried it once and found the weight on my traps very uncomfortable.

Getting back to the LBBS will be my primary goal with my phys therapist, once I'm allowed to start PT that is.

Grats on the big dead, that looked fast and easy! :-)

Thanks Les, Maria, Gynn, and BB!
    The DL really wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebutton View Post
    So encouraging, teach, especially the 100lb press which was my press goal pre-surgery. Did you HBBS before surgery? I tried it once and found the weight on my traps very uncomfortable.

Getting back to the LBBS will be my primary goal with my phys therapist, once I'm allowed to start PT that is.
    Bluebutton, I certainly had my moments when it was tough to imagine ever getting to the 100lb press. I looked back and I was doing the 5# DBs in January and trying to get a PVC pipe all the way over my head. It's amazing how far steady, linear progress will get you. :-)

I only high bar squatted prior to surgery, so low bar is totally new territory for me. I have the opposite problem: the bar position on the HBBS was so normal for me that it's now the most awkward, intimidating part of the LBBS. Today was much better though, so I think I might be adjusting some.

starting strength coach development program
    9/16/13

Deload week, the excitement is over

LBBS 210x5x3 no shoulder dropping trouble today

Bench 95x2x1

Deadlift 235x2x1

GPP x4
    Sit ups
    KBS 44#
    DB press 15#
    KB side bends
    Lunges

And then because I just had to know if I could do it yet, with my chin really over the bar: strict chin up 1, 1

Conditioning
    Prowler +55kg x13

Forgot to cool down, oops!

ETA: moved in a hole on my lifting belt.
    Last edited by Leah Lutz; 09-16-2013 at 05:51 PM.