starting strength gym
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Aspiring to entry-level beasthood

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm just giving you crap. My E/P-training ratio is as atrocious as anybody's. Get well.

Believe me, I'm not taking offense. Lots of things are going well in life right now, but training ain't one of 'em.

Besides, bug doesn't want to get too bulky, because I like his slender frame.

Also what happened to your shoulders?

Our love may never be the equal of KotJ&Hanley, or KotJ&Gilchrist, or JotJ&[insertnamehere][teehee, "insert"], but you know I just want you to be happy with me.

I don't actually know about the shoulder. Anterior pain, worsens with supination/adduction/external rotation. If I do a front-raise motion like a Nazi with palm facing down it feels fine, but with palm facing up like a middle-aged homeschooling mother of four in the throes of both spirit-filled praise music and the first 10 minutes without her kids since LAST Sunday morning, it hurts like an f'er of said mo'.

So yeah. Squatting doesn't hurt, but I don't want to just squat. Deadlifting doesn't feel great. Benching and pressing both hurt pretty badly at the moment, though bench has been ok a few times. Chins hurt. Pullups hurt. Pushups hurt.

If I had a gun to my head I could do all the movements, but with my current workload and kidload I just don't have the extra juice to slog through training sessions that feel shitty.

I'm missing it, though. I'll revisit in a couple weeks once the current flurry ends and maybe see about getting some soft tissue work done on the shoulder.

I feel your pain, it's going on 3 years since I wrecked my left shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    I feel your pain, it's going on 3 years since I wrecked my left shoulder.
    The real pisser is that I don't think it was a traumatic thing. Just woke up one day and it hurt to brush my teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Is the pain where the origin of the biceps tendon is?

Hope your shoulder gets better so Eric can show you off at the next social hour.
    Yeah, that's about right. I've had tendonitis before (quadriceps and medial elbow), and this is a much sharper pain. Stabby stabby like Richie Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by bugbomb View Post
    The real pisser is that I don't think it was a traumatic thing. Just woke up one day and it hurt to brush my teeth.
    That's weird. I know exactly what destroyed me... close grip benching with 245 pounds. I can still hear that nasty sound when it went.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    That's weird. I know exactly what destroyed me... close grip benching with 245 pounds. I can still hear that nasty sound when it went.
    Yeah, I would definitely remember something like that! I've always had trouble with my shoulders - lots of subluxations as a skinny mountain-biking teenager - but I can't remember anything traumatic happening this time around.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536