starting strength gym
Page 11 of 125 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Quest for Fire

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So you're gymless? WTF? How'd you let one go before you got another? Your running blind, dude. This could lead to bad decisions. You may start <gasp> jogging, or you may cover yourself in cheesy poof dust on the couch. It's one or the other.

No chance for a home gym?

You'll kill those goals by June. Unless you go gymless too long.

I do have a home gym, such as it is. Old standard bar with smooth knurling, and quite a few plates. Enough to keep me from derailing my current programming.
    I do have a lead on a real black-iron/boxing/strongman/bodybuilder gym, and it's in my hood. I'm planning to get there asap.
    No danger of me ever jogging, although I have a weakness for anything covered in cheese dust.

Cheese dust, schmeeze dust. We've got a place up here that has this magic vodoo shit: bacon dust. It's just that. Bacon ground into dust. Amongst a myriad of other uses, they cover their french fries with it. Ermehgerd.

Ooo, that's my kind of place! I also see they do some chicken sous vide. Awesome. If I'm ever there, I'm going for the Burnt Trailer Queen burger.
    Last edited by Erok; 01-02-2014 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Just saw the Buffalo Dust - Mmm!

The special the other night was a Pulled Goat Gyro. Amazing.

Haven't built up the courage for the Queen or the Apocalypse Now. Truthfully, I don't get there nearly as often as I should. Nothing but super small local micros on tap. Place is off the hook.

Their ads are hilarious, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwNWQOoP1nQ

Plus the Apocalypse Now is famous:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D23PJZFlExU#t=50

I have no affiliation. Just a deep, deep love.

Man v. Food - sweet! That quad stack is a work of culinary art. A side of sauerkraut, and I'm all set.
    I've been loving goat lately, too. The Indian buffets around here always offer goat curry, bones and all. Love sucking the marrow out.

Quote Originally Posted by Erok View Post
    Man v. Food - sweet! That quad stack is a work of culinary art. A side of sauerkraut, and I'm all set.
    I've been loving goat lately, too. The Indian buffets around here always offer goat curry, bones and all. Love sucking the marrow out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erok View Post
    Ooo, that's my kind of place! I also see they do some chicken sous vide. Awesome. If I'm ever there, I'm going for the Burnt Trailer Queen burger.
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorinexile View Post
    Cheese dust, schmeeze dust. We've got a place up here that has this magic vodoo shit: bacon dust. It's just that. Bacon ground into dust. Amongst a myriad of other uses, they cover their french fries with it. Ermehgerd.
    It amazes me how much you guys like food. It's like your talking about a really hot piece of ass!
    Resume your love fest

Alas, I gave up sampling a variety of nice asses a few years ago. I guess I've channeled that into the thrill of the hunt for the perfect chicken wing.

Default Quest for Fire MK-II

Ahh, yes, I as well could talk about fresh hams all day.

Sat., 1/04/14. it's a brand new year, And with it comes a brand new gym membership! It's the Real Gym, as explored in my previous posts (#40 - 43). $35 per month for an All-I-Can-Lift Black Iron Buffet! They even hand you a towel when you check in.

I get right down to it. Heavy Day, Lite Press, Medium Bench.

Squats: 100 x 5, 105 x 5, 225 x 5, 250 x 5, 280 x 5,5,5. I wipe the sweat off the back of my neck with the aforementioned towel. The satellite radio sends out the dulcet tones of early Van Halen. There's chalk worked into the knurling of every bar I look at. The trainer is going over the finer points of the hook grip with his client in the corner. All is right with the world.

OHP: 45 x 15, 95 x 5,5,5.

Close Grip Bench: 65 x 5, 125 x 5, 140 x 5, 160 x 5,5.

Deadlift: Ah, all the bumper plates are in Kilos! 70 x 5, 111 x 3, 152 x 1,1,1.
    So, what is that in American? 154 x 5, 244 x 3, 335 x 1,1,1. A modest start, but I'm back in the game. I toss my towel in the hamper, collect my sweet laminated membership card at the front desk, and I'm off.

We go out with friends to a convincing version of a Belgian pub, with an amazing selection of beers and incredible pub food. Sliders, pommes frites, confit pork ribs, deviled eggs. Still, I down a whey powder milkshake when we get home. Gotta feed the beast.

starting strength coach development program
    Tues., 1/07. I find the weigh-in station: 219.25#.

Squats: 100 x 5, 195 x 5, 225 x 5,5, 185 x 10.

Bench: 65 x 5, 125 x 5, 145 x 5, 160 x 5, 180 x 5,5,5, 145 x 8, 10. The radio plays two Black Sabbath songs and one Iron Maiden song which my band has covered. My inter-set breaks largely consist of me playing air guitar. There's a woman across the room getting pullup assistance from her trainer, and she's making incredible effort grunting/sex noises.

OHP: 45 x 10, 65 x 5, 95 x 5, 105 x 5,5,5. it's a grind, but the Van Halen helps.

Power Cleans: 50 kg x 3,3,3,3,3. These are smooth, like butter. (of course, now I realize it's only 110#) The fourth set is a little wonky - can't rack it right, but the rest are good. I celebrate with some atg front squats after the last rep.

Page 11 of 125 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast