Thread: Got my Yojo Workin'

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Mass: 172.4 (Goddamnit)

Front Squat: 115 x5x3
    Bench: 145 x5x3
    Deadlift: 265 x5

Front squats weren't so hard, but the rest were. Had a rather stressful weekend, which apparently took a good bit out of me.

You're closing in on PRs. Hope you're not choosing now to take a break!

Quote Originally Posted by hector_garza View Post
    You're closing in on PRs. Hope you're not choosing now to take a break!
    I would not say that I "choose" to take a break, exactly.

Partly shit got extremely busy in mostly good ways, and partly I reached a place where the weights were not going to keep going up without weight gain, and I was extremely, extremely broke. And of course, weight gain and strength were/are the point. While I'm good at being cheap, and was able to stretch a rather small amount of money to last a month, by the 9th of this month I had approximately $4, and was typically eating just barely enough to not lose weight.

I should have kept lifting at maintenance levels. That would have been the smart thing to do, without question.
    But my rather limited organizational capacity got overwhelmed, and I've spent much of the last two weeks under-rested and under-fed, and usually under a lot of stress. You might have noted that I haven't posted anywhere on the site in rather a while either.

This weekend I got caught up on sleep, mostly, and cash reserves are in better shape. While I'm likely to get more busy rather than less, a lot of the worst stress factors have been dealt with for the moment, and I can hopefully get moving again.

Though honestly...
    I just don't enjoy training on my own all that much (as in, I don't actually get that much out of it, in the way many people on the site do), and I have more than enough chores in my existence already.
    I have friends who are eager to get me into climbing, and I might switch over to that with a very limited amount of barbell stuff or bodyweight training.

In the meantime, I plan on getting to the gym tomorrow, unless shit goes all sideways.

Forgot to weigh myself, probably about 173

FS: 95 x5x3
    OHP: 75 x5x3
    SGDL: 185 x5

starting strength coach development program
    I hope you are able to sort it out as best you like.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334