starting strength gym
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: Lydia's adventures in the 'rone zone

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by lwoodroff View Post
    We are in, mostly unpacked (books are on bookshelves which is a good sign!) and see the girls again today after 2 nights with granny and grandad! The huz does seem to have taken over the garage though.. hmm. Found our first false widow spider too! Exciting and exhausting times. Next is to settle girls in school and find a job asap!
    Not sure how to add new entries here... Tl;Dr version of my life in the last 3 years is found a job, not a gym, just moved house again (! Never again!), and haven't worn heels in over a year as it triggers the plantar fasciitis, went and played badminton once which triggered the tennis elbow. Did play non competitive netball weekly, but now I've found what could be a good option for a gym. But I'm really really scared of where to even begin, getting reinjured etc. Eep!

Default New gym

Well after a four year hiatus due to injuries and two house moves, I finally found a gym! I'm pretty nervous though, and worried about triggering the plantar fasciitis and tennis elbow again... Eep!

40kg squat, managed to record second set. Thought it was a bit low but think actually about right or even a smidge high. Being very very careful to keep straight wrists. Quite paranoid about the tennis elbow.
    27.5kg bench. Having to bench in the squat rack but it's not an issue as I've not seen anyone anywhere near it in the 5 or 6 times I've been! Really pleased, flew up 😀

I'm rather heavier and less fit than 3.5 years ago but have zero motivation to cardio bunny. Wondering if kb swings or something might be a good idea..

Welcome back, it's nice to have some Iron Ladies in the house.

Thanks! The gym is my happy place so I'm so glad to be back! 😀

Since that post, been another 4 times.
    Got squat up to 45kg but form was horrible, deadlift keeps tweaking something at the top of my leg/r buttock, and OHP and bench progressing nicely (to 25kg 5/5/5 and 32.5kg 4/5/5 just today respectively).

Gym is pretty empty outside the obvious times, and weekends I'm pretty much guaranteed not only the squat rack to myself but the entire place. only once have I had to wait for the rack, and that evening the free weight room which had been heaving was empty in ten minutes. Didn't realise I was that scary

So.. tonight.. tortured myself on the dreadmill for 10 mins as I'm so disgustingly unfit, then went to just work on form on squat.

Did 2 sets of just bar thinking of these cues (wrote them down for the second set! - wrists [I'm sure the tennis elbow that still lurks was from having bent wrists over a year of squatting], shoulders, elbows, air, screw [feet into ground], knees stay out. It's a lot to remember - and I probably need to add clench butt - but until the routine is re-embedded I don't want to miss stuff) and things looked a lot straighter and less ugly than last time at 45kg. Vid of the time before at 4.25kg: YouTube Vid of second bar only set tonight (with 'prepare for the alpacalypse' t-shirt!): YouTube

Thought it would be good to have a bit of weight on, so did 30kg but my left knee was instantly uncomfortable and the form went to pot with me compensating on the opposite side so I gave it up as a bad job, got my bench in and got out of dodge.

This journey is so full of highs and frustrations, but I'm determined to take it slowly and not injure myself more than I have to (!!)...

starting strength coach development program
    I should add this is NOT my choice of music! Argh..

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243