Today:
    PC to
    Press
    50 x 5 x 2
    60 x 3 x 3

FS
    70 x 3 x 3
    80 x 3 x 3

--triples for FS felt much better in the rack, I also focused on keeping my elbows up
    --no loaded carries so far this week b/c my allergies are going crazy. Pollen level is supposed to come down tomorrow.

Same as yesterday.

Allergies worse today than yesterday. blergh.

After battling a week of allergies and allergy meds, I dropped the weight a bit

PC to
    Press
    45 x 5 x 2
    55 x 5 x 2

FS
    65 x 5, 3, 2
    75 x 3 x 3

Current stats
    Weight: 156.5
    Waist: 39
    Neck: 13.75

A new week

PC to
    50 x 5 x 2
    60 x 3 x 3

FS
    70 x 3 x 3
    80 x 3 x 3

Edited to add: Today, I started "push jerking" the final rep on the front squats, this floated the bar up a bit and helped me get the bar down without aggravating the first knuckle on my rt hand which really hates the rack position.
    Last edited by bluebutton; 01-20-2014 at 03:32 PM. Reason: noting slight form change

PC to
    50 x 5 x 2
    60 x 5 x 2

FS
    75 x 3 x 3
    85 x 3 x 3

Felt great today despite bad sleep last night. Perhaps from the bright sun shiny day even though I had to wear a face mask to be outside. So I went ahead and bumped the FS up by 5 lbs. They flew up.

I am really liking this program. 15 minutes of weights every weekday afternoon. Sometimes I want to do them on the weekends too, but I remind myself that time off is important too. Very do-able and fun. Also nice to not worry about whether a sick child will interrupt working out because even sick children take naps and the garage is only a few steps away.

The next step is to get the farmer's walks in regularly, but one step at a time. Allergy season has to end soon or at least by mid-February.

Thanks, Kyle!

My pleasure. As I said earlier, when you feel ready I'd add some rows in there. They don't have to be heavy, get a bench or couple of stools and do some bat wings, like loaded carries the key seems to be less the weight you use, and more that you do them.

Ok. I have some rings set up and will add some inverted rows. You're just looking for some kind of pulling motion, right?

Exactly right.

The easy version is to have the rings arm's length from the ground, and bend your knees at right angles while doing it. The hard version is to do it straight-legged. In either case, row your body up until your fists are beside your chest against your ribs, just below breast level. Pause for a moment at the top with your shoulders back and make sure your shoulders are down as well as back, since you'll want to shrug up. Around 10 reps total isn't going to add much time to the workout. I would do these after all the barbell stuff since it'll tire your arms out for presses and cleans.

Someone told me in addition to pollen, we have an elevated mold count. Either way, I feel like a mac truck hit me and I went to bed at 8 last night.

PC to
    50 x 5 x 2
    60 x 5 x 2

FS
    75 x 3 x 3
    85 x 3 x 3

Inverted rows
    --post surgical shoulder clicks at the top, will keep an eye on it, no pain. Pec also tight so rows felt good and then I did some pec stretching.

Kyle, thanks for the cue to keep my shoulders down and back, I see what you mean about the shrug up.

starting strength coach development program
    PC to
    50 x 5 x 2
    60 x 5 x 2

FS
    75 x 3 x 3
    85 x 3 x 3

Inverted rows
    5 x 2

--with a more comfortable rack position, 85 flew up
    --60lb press was a grind the last rep, will scale down tomorrow
    --slight soreness in post-op shoulder with inverted rows