starting strength gym
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Fatass learns to fit

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by I_iz_a_fatass View Post
    but migraines are fun so I did that instead. When you're taking oxycodone to sleep and the thought of eating makes you nauseous, it's time to see the doc.
    Good gravy, man! How often are you having migraines?

I'm reasonably sure they're not technically migraines as OTC medications can stomp them out, but we're talking multiple times a day. There's only so much my liver can take of downing ibuprofen and/or tylenol like it's candy.

I see the doc this evening to see if there's something for them while I hang on until a new (and less fucked-up) job offer drops in.

You're likely creating rebound headaches with the repeated use of a painkiller. No bueno as it's a vicious downward spiral. The more ibuprofen or tylenol you take, the more headaches you get, the more painkillers you take, repeat ad nauseum.

We'll see if the combination of butalbital, acetaminophen, and caffeine keep the "fucking kill me" pain away. If this doesn't do it the next step is an MRI to see if something's growing inside my braincase.

Took one of the new prescription pills two nights ago, and haven't needed pain medication for the headaches in 24 hours; they headaches are there and trying to ruin my day, but the high edge of them is gone.

Here's to hoping for another 24 hours. An official job offer is about a day away so I can flee my current employment which is the highest point of stress from micromanagement and their expectations for work to be perfect without any guidance on their changing internal rules.
    Last edited by I_iz_a_fatass; 08-20-2015 at 07:17 AM.

Default Fatass fails to fit

Squats 135lbs x 3 x 5
    Bench 115lbs x 3 x 5
    Deadlift 185 x 3

Squats were a disaster. I bailed (thanks SML-1 spotter arms!) on a 185lb warmup. Did another rep after a few minutes and the form was a total mess. I barely got 135 - I keep coming forward of mid-foot.
    Bench actually went well. I found my groove pretty quickly and might have been able to go to 125lbs, but played it conservatively after the mess that was squatting
    Deadlifts..... well. 135x2x5 felt hard, and the 185 x 3 was supposed to be five reps that I just didn't have.

First session back from the whole "I feel like I've swallowed a hockey stick and the headaches make me want to die" illness train of the past month. What a fucking mess. I am genuinely horrified at how far the lifts have dropped.

[edit: It's three hours later and leg DOMS are here.]

Weight: 168.4 lbs
    Net calories: 14093 / 2,013
    Protein: 673g / 96g
    Fat: 656g / 94g
    Net carbs: 1,705g / 244g
    Ratios: 18/38/44

Time to get back on track.

Sole upside to this all: I haven't required pain medication for the headaches in four days; they're still there, but not as painful.
    Last edited by I_iz_a_fatass; 08-23-2015 at 06:29 AM. Reason: added doms, added nutrition, added wirght

I can't even squat the fucking BAR without pain through both quads.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

New log is here.

starting strength coach development program
    New logs start here.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617