starting strength gym
Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Training - TM

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    trained again yesterday.

deadlifts 6x3 at 200kgs. these didn't move as well as I wanted but at least i got some volume in.
    pause bench 1x110, 112.5, 115, 120, 2x3 at 100kgs. all moved ok. 120kgs was too slow.

still really tight on my left side, getting some physio tonight hopefully that will help.

did some accessories today.

sldl 3x10 at 70kgs. just stretching out for openers tomorrow.
    db ohp 3x10 at 20kgs. easy.
    seated rows 3x10 at 55kgs. easy again, just moving.
    reverse hyper 3x10 at 2.5kgs. there was a little plate on it when i got there. left it on.

had physio yesterday. he dry needles me pretty good. feel sore today but much better.

will try openers tomorrow night.

i have downgraded my expectations with the last 3 weeks of training not being ideal.

will see how I feel.

worked up to openers yesterday.

i have downgraded them due to my shitty last 3 weeks of training. I am more interested in actually getting a total that being too aggressive with my openers.

squat 2, 2, 1, 3x1 at 120, 130, 140, 150 kgs. all felt pretty good. 150kgs was good on depth and moved well enough but wasn't as fast as I was hoping. i did 3 at this as i need the practice on my form. it was better than it has been lately which is good.
    bench 2, 2, 1, 1 100, 105, 110, 115kgs. all moved really well. i feel 125 is possible or maybe more. we will see how I go.
    deadlift 1, 1, 1, 1 at 170, 180, 190, 200kgs. again moved pretty good. 200kgs was not as fast as I hoped but it wasn't difficult either. going to really go after it off the floor for these.

all in all not too bad. had no real pain either.

my left shoulder is a bit shitty today but nothing bad.

doing a water cut. i weighed in last night at 85.75kgs which is lower than i thought i would be. considering yesterday i drank over 6 litres of water and salt loaded too.

today is another day of salt and water loading.

then friday water drops to at least 3 litres then saturday will be around 1 litre at the most.

hopefully will comfortably come in around 82.something. i will go to the gym on saturday to see how my weight is going as they have a proper set of scales. my home scales seem to always have me at 86.9 no matter what so fuck those.

last session before the comp.

comp bench 2x5 at 70kgs. easy just getting use to calls and staying tight.
    squats 2x5 at 90kgs. again really easy just focusing on tightness and depth and position.
    deadlifts 2x5 at 120kgs. not too bad. speed was there but my start position is a little off. i know what i need to do to fix it though. arse back and bit more and tighter posterior from the floor.

side note on weight.

on tuesday i think i weighed in around 86.2kgs. tonight i was 84.1 with clothes and socks on. 83kgs will be easy to make.

dropped into the gym and weighed in. did it with jeans and my wallet in my pocket. 83.9kgs. pretty happy with that. should be low 82s tomorrow morning. will have lunch and dinner and drink a couple of cups more tea.

meet number 3 review

so I had my first meet it over a year yesterday. all in all it went pretty well. my general goal for this meet was to get to at least a 500kg total.

cutting weight.
    about 5 weeks out i was about 88-89kgs. i had to make the 83kg weight class. i started from that 5 weeks out to diet down. i basically cut all booze, burgers etc etc out. I got to the final week and weighed in at about 86.2kgs fully hydrated in the evening on the tuesday before the meet. I then initiated my water cut. i used izzy's method he has on PowerliftingToWin | Train To Win which i have used twice before to great success. i ended up weighing in at 82.1kgs and felt pretty good. hungry but good.

weighing in went pretty smooth, a lot faster than the last time i competed. i then proceeded to chug coconut water and water and cruskits. then lots of pretzels.

squats.
    i originally wanted to start at 160kgs but thought better of it given my previous competition efforts with squats.
    i opened at 150kgs with 3 white lights, easy as pie
    second attempt i set at 160 and again 3 white lights, pretty good again.
    third attempt was 167.5kgs and again 3 white lights. i think i may have had another 5 or so kgs in me but to be honest i was happy with that. it was a 12.5kg comp pb.

bench
    i think i had planned for a 120kg opener but was not feeling it during my warm ups and bench had not felt great in the last few weeks after my neck injury.
    i opened on 115kgs and got 3 white lights, it moved better than my warm ups suggested.
    second attempt was 120kgs and this moved OK. not great but OK.
    third attempt i had a got at 125kgs. i thought i might grind it out but no dice. i think i lowered it too far down my chest and it didn't move. i am putting that down to a technique error.
    That second attempt was a 2.5kg comp pr.

deadlift
    leading up i had planned around 210kgs as an opener but i was not confident in my speed to make that happen.
    i opened at 200kgs and it moved pretty well. 3 white lights.
    second attempt i went for 212.5kgs which would get me my 500kg total and equal my previous comp best. 3 white lights and OK speed.
    third attempt i set at my long time goal of 220kgs. i haven't been able to move this off the ground for the longest time. got it up pretty good. wasn't a grinder but was pretty slow as well. i was happy technically with this lift as well. i had been moving forward during the last few weeks at the top. that is a 7.5kg comp pr and a lifetime pr.

total
    i ended up with 507.5kgs which was less than my expectations 4 weeks before but in the end it was a pretty good day.
    all in all i ended up with 4 comp prs
    12.5kgs on squat
    2.5kgs on bench
    7.5kgs on deadlift
    20kgs on total.

not a bad day.

there were some really good lifters on the day as well. one of the 74kgs lifters broke the national squat, deadlift and total records. his coach holds the bench record.

did some accessories last night.

db ohp 5x10 at 20kgs. pretty easy.
    seated rows 5x10 at 61kgs. easy.
    ghd 5x10 at bw. easy.
    dips 5x12 at bw. easy.

going to start hypertrophy again.

will use this week to figure out weights.

did some work last night to try and figure out weights for starting hypertrophy next week.

hbbs 5x10 at 100kgs. beltless. pretty easy but cardio. legs hurt though.
    db bench 5x10 at 30kgs. easy but a good pump.
    pendlay rows 5x10 at 60kgs. pretty easy, quick breaks. can't really feel my left side working very hard, need to get that checked out. maybe swap to db rows or something.

Quote Originally Posted by 16bit View Post

not a bad day.
    not a bad day indeed - you killed it in the most competitive weight division. great lifting, and nice to finally meet you.

my biggest regret of the day was not following you burger suggestion. Still kicking myself...

starting strength coach development program
    thanks mate.

yeah it was a pretty good burger.

i've had burgers for lunch monday and wednesday this week. fried chicken on tuesday and getting another burger today.

Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast