starting strength gym
Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131
Results 1,301 to 1,307 of 1307

Thread: Keeping myself honest

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Umm, what the hell happened to the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by vanslix View Post
    Umm, what the hell happened to the forum?
    You must not have ventured outside of the log section for a while.

Indeed I had not. And now I remember why I didn't. Today I ventured over to Rip's section and there is an article by a SSC. And I found this line to be especially representative of Rip's views towards both his customer base and as a doc, referrals to SS methodology. It could be viewed as being tongue in cheek. Except, it's not. This attitude seems to pervade the board lately.

"Now you resent weak people, and you blame most of their problems on being weak."

I'll be sure to adopt this superior, holier-than-thou santicmonious bullshit when I talk to my patients about strength training. Do people still find this board educational and helpful after this....whatever you want to call uproar? I'm genuinely curious.

There has been a schism. Many of the former members are holding services over in another church. Only time will tell how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by vanslix View Post
    Indeed I had not. And now I remember why I didn't. Today I ventured over to Rip's section and there is an article by a SSC. And I found this line to be especially representative of Rip's views towards both his customer base and as a doc, referrals to SS methodology. It could be viewed as being tongue in cheek. Except, it's not. This attitude seems to pervade the board lately.

"Now you resent weak people, and you blame most of their problems on being weak."

I'll be sure to adopt this superior, holier-than-thou santicmonious bullshit when I talk to my patients about strength training. Do people still find this board educational and helpful after this....whatever you want to call uproar? I'm genuinely curious.
    "When all you have is a hammer."

Being strong is awesome. And will make your life better. No doubt. But that's as far as some forum members are willing to understand. They only want to look out through that one prism.

If you start running and get a sub 8 mile your life will be better. Walking around, going up stairs, all that stuff is way easier. Feeling like your heart won't crap out when you're 50 is awesome.

Having decent mobility, from yoga or stretching, is the tits. (And I think could do lots to mitigate injuries, aches and pains of forum members here.)

Quote Originally Posted by Culican View Post
    There has been a schism. Many of the former members are holding services over in another church. Only time will tell how it turns out.
    Any idea where that church is? I'd like to still follow some of the member's who have left.

starting strength coach development program
    If you go to Google and put some members names

mbasic strega mikeylikey

It may appear in the search results