starting strength gym
Page 85 of 87 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 LastLast

Thread: Mike's YNDTP program

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris McCarthy View Post
    Based on watching that vid a couple times it looked a decent jerk to me.
    Thanks.
    Meh...it's a bad angle for the elbows, maybe it was just my shoulders shrugging up late.

9+14+2017. Thurs.

--SNATCH--
    95*3; 120*3; 145*3; 170*2
    190 10*2 worksets w/ 92.5%@ lol:
    190*2...both very nice
    190 X&X...fuck, lost fwd=jump back
    190 1&X..foot slipped, platform is shit
    190 1&X..nice; overpull-crash
    190 X&1..jump back; then fixed, nice
    190*2 very nice; and just ok/meh
    ...Some dude started talking to me for 7-8 minutes about what the fuck I was doing and why...I was polite...thru me off...I had to pretty much cut him off by starting my next set, which was shit...
    190 1&X: very nice; rushed, jmp back
    190 X&X MOTHERGODDAMNEDFUCK
    190*2: Ok; and a little better than ok
    190*2: ok; ok

--HBBS--
    135*5; 205*5; 255 3*5
    .Sqt your CJ max...lol
    .Sqts went very nice

--OHP--
    Haven't done any pressing for a few months. Version theta.espilon
    95*5; 135*5; 155*5; 165*5;
    175*1@8 lol
    Fuck got weak.
    I've completely reinforced my conclusion that OHP has no correlation to jerk whatsoever period. Maybe useful in a hypertrophy block or something. But overall, your better off doing heavy push press, jerks, jerk recoveries, jerk supports.

And when I say very nice, I mean like this way:

not the SS nuthugger way Vera nahce crap...

English! Do you speak it!

hilarious

I was going to add something to that last post, but the fucking edit function is still inop....fuck it

Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post

I don't have anything insightful or intelligent to say, other than this place seems to have gone down hill in a hurry.
    The traffic has absolutely plummeted in the last week or so. As was also pointed out, if for some reason the powers that be decide to delete a person, their whole log disappears too.

awesome

just go fuck right off . . .really?

Once upon a time.

A rogue went to the emperor and told him that he had a new press to sell him.

The emperor looked at the new press and thought to himself "I can't see a press at all".

The rogue saw that the emperor looked puzzled and said "This is a vey special press your excellency. Only the wise can see that it is a press. Look how fine the arm action is, see how the knees don't contribute to the upward motion of the bar. Only foolish people can't see that it is a press".

"Oh yes" said the emperor "It is indeed a very fine press". for he did not wish to be thought foolish.

The emperor called his courtiers. "Look at this fine new press that I have acquired"

"A press?" asked one of the courtiers.

"A press!" declared the emperor "A very fine press. Of course it is a very special press. Only the wise can see it and I would not like to think that there was anyone foolish in my court".

"Such a press as we have never seen before!" chorussed the courtiers, not wanting to be thought foolish.

Soon word got about. Though some might whisper behind closed doors of low ale houses "A press, surely that can't be a press", everyone who came to court felt obliged to say "Oh, the emperor's new press will be a wonderful thing".

The day came for the emperor to present his new press to his subjects. Rumpo the Jester had been chosen to show the assembled throng this marvel of the press inventor's art.

Rumpo stepped forward and took hold of the bar. Up went the bar. Then it stopped. Then Rumpo ducked down a bit, quite the bendiest jester that had ever been seen. The bar went down a bit, the crowd held their breaths .The bar went up again as Rumpo uncoiled. Then the bar stopped again as Rumpo nimbly bent beneath it for a second time, artfully extending his arms as he did so. Finally Rumpo stood up.

The crowd stood silent. Then Rumpo began all over again doing this strange, bendy contortion. Once more, then again. Finally Rumpo's little body could take no more of this bizarre gyrating and he narrowly avoided dropping the bar on his face and he gave up.

"Well now my people, what do you think of that for a press?" Cried the emperor bathing the crowd in whiskey fumes.

There was a murmuring and some voices tentatively spoke.

"Oh, very good, quite extraordinary"
    "My my what a thing"
    "I'm sure it is excellent"

Then a little voice piped up.

"In what possible way is that a fucking press?" yelled a little child "It's just a weird cross between a limbo dance and an epileptic seizure".

The crowd was stunned. They had all been afraid to appear foolish in front of the emperor, but a little child (with a rather advanced vocabulary) had shown them up.

"He didn't raise the bar from his shoulders" cried a man.
    "His knees were bent" yelled another
    "His back was in a horrible position" shouted a third.

"His back was fine" yelled the emperor "it just looks big because he has a muscular butt".

"It's just big from all the beer he drinks" shouted the woman from the crowd (just the one woman, a very odd sort of empire it was).

"CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT!" screamed the crowd in unison.

More shouts came.

"What about those stupid squats he showed us? My elbows are killing me".

"All that stuff about cleaning with high hips. The Chinese never do that."

"He told us to breathe at the top, then at the bottom and now this!"

"Please please" the emperor cried "show some respect for your emperor"

The crowd quietened.

"How about some nice rows?" asked the emperor. The crowd waited quietly.

The emperor loaded a handy barbell with about a hundred kilos. He took his stance and grasped the bar. Then he hauled the bar off the ground like a speed deadlift only not as high and as the bar fell he crouched down and tapped it with his beergut.

"Oh fuck this" cried the crowd "We're off to Crossfit".

The emperor watched as his empire wandered off.

The emperor retired to the highest tower in his castle and never went down again. He just sat there muttering "Disprespectful goddam peasants".

Rumpo the jester returned to his far away homeland where nobody knew much about the emperor and he could content himself by drinking beer and performing tricks.

The rogue meanwhile took the bag of gold that the emperor had given him for the new press and opened a yoga studio.
    Last edited by MBasic; 09-25-2017 at 12:59 PM.

Lol, loving your reaction to this sort of shit!

Wonder how her knee ligaments are ok or what...

It's a shame so much valuable info and members were flushed down the drain...will you continue to write things like this here? Or gym shenanigans? Or would i be better off searching that other forum website

Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    just go fuck right off . . .really?

Unnatural yo

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Kregna View Post
    Unnatural yo
    #Geneticallyengineered