starting strength gym
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiftyfit - One Day At a Time

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So I had that kidney stone pulverized yesterday...and so far, so good. I did have to wait a few hours for my turn, and since losing my girl, it just gave me too much time to think. Hospitals will be a sore spot (pun not intended) for me for a long time to come. My mother was with me since I wasn't supposed to drive for 24 hours afterward, and I spent the night at her house. I actually felt pretty good after the procedure (probably the drugs they gave me), but later that night I had a headache and some stomach distress.
    As for today, I've been feeling good, especially my low back, and I plan to get back to my workouts on Monday. I'll have to get one more x-ray before I follow up with the doctor next week, but I haven't had to take anything for pain, and all is good for now!

Glad to hear your doing ok after getting zapped. I know the feeling of places triggering your emotions. Thanks god for Moms. I might suggest taking it light on the workouts,and maybe only do upper body. About 12 years ago I had a prostate procedure. About a week later attempted to WO. It was the fist time I actually felt where my prostate was, and I peed blood. It finally subsided and I never told my dr about the incident.have a great Sunday.

Take the time you need to get better.

The Old Man was tormented with kidney stones a few times in his life and they made it Hell for him when he got one. He'd have been really, really, happy to have them blasted out like you did. I got all of his DNA except for that, thank God.

Glad to see you back - you are an inspiration.

Good to see you back at it. Take care of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Take the time you need to get better.
    Mark, I owe you and Jerry for urging some caution. Truth be told, following my post yesterday, I started experiencing more discomfort and a little pain. I attribute it to the fact that I've started passing some larger fragments of the stone than I did the first day. I even decided to take a pain pill just in case it got worse during the night. I've had two very bad experiences with stones, the first in 2000, and the second in 2014 while visiting relatives in Florida with my girl and my mom. That time cost me an ambulance ride to the hospital, and a few thousand dollars!

So, I will take it easy this week, at least till I talk to the doc on Friday, and make sure everything is really OK! That will give me time to go over my plans for the year, both with my training and my advocacy with the Alzheimer's group. Good lifting, guys!

Well everybody, getting through this particular kidney stone ordeal has been much worse than I expected (and hoped for). I don't know if there's any fragments left to pass, but with all the low back pain I've been having the last few days, it wouldn't surprise me if there's a couple stragglers. I had another set of x-rays done at the VA this morning, for my follow-up with the doc tomorrow. I had to take a pain pill last night, but so far I'm ok today.

I haven't tried to do any training at all this week, and have gained a couple pounds from too much eating and no activity, so I hope the doctor has some good news for me tomorrow...I need to get back into it. Before I had the procedure last week, I finalized the design for my girl's headstone and made a down payment so they could get started. It will probably be placed in April when the weather permits. I think it's really nice and I'm sure Maureen would like it! Also, next Tuesday is the trip to Albany with the Alzheimer's group, so I expect to be busy. Hopefully, I will be able to do some good for the cause.

I had my follow-up yesterday, but had to see the doctor's PA. She said everything looked good and I can get back to my workouts, but she was going to have the doctor look over my x-rays. The office called me later in the day and said the doctor thinks I still have a stone in my kidney. As long as it stays there, they said I should be ok, but if I start to have any problems, to call them and they'll get me right back in.

I was hoping the problem was gone for the time being, but I feel good now and will get back to the iron on Monday. I do have some tentative goals in mind for the year, just hope I can stay consistent and injury-free. No plans on competing again for the time being, but perhaps one day. My main concern now is to get (and stay) healthy, and to do what I can as an advocate in memory of my girl.

My first workout back today since my surgery ten days ago. A decent workout, but some of the weights felt heavier than I expected, so I didn't push too hard.
    Wt. - 190
    SQ: 45x5, 85x5, 135x3, 175x2, 205x5, 225x5, 195x8 bo
    Lev. row: 105x8, 125x8
    BP: 45x5, 85x5, 115x3, 135x5, 155x5, 130x8 bo
    E-Z curl: 65x6, 85x8
    Pinch grip: 55 lbs x two 5-sec. holds
    Rev. hyper: 65x12, 85x10

starting strength coach development program
    just hope I can stay consistent and injury-free
    That is key to productive workouts. After a string of injuries and surgeries since 2011 this was my goal last year and will continue to be my goal. Nice first workout, good luck!

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast