Fiftyfit - One Day At a Time Fiftyfit - One Day At a Time - Page 32

starting strength gym
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Fiftyfit - One Day At a Time

• starting strength seminar august 2022
    • starting strength seminar october 2022
    • starting strength seminar december 2022
    I started my weight loss protocol this past Friday, upping my water intake and cutting back on the carbs, unfortunately I was too careless over the weekend. As of this morning, I was 3 3/4 lbs over, and I'll be weighing in for the meet this Friday between 5-6 pm. I believe I'll make weight just fine, though I've been considering lifting at 220 next year, so I don't have to worry about cutting. I took my last workout this morning, just my normal warm-up and SQ/BP, it went pretty well.
    Mon, Mar 14
    Bwt - 202
    DB swing: 55x11
    BP: 115x5, 135x3, 155x2, 175x1, 195x1, 207x1
    SQ: 165x5, 205x3, 235x1, 265x1, 295x1

Well, I've been procrastinating with my performance at the meet this past Saturday. I ended up losing six pounds over that last week, weighing in at 196. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the way I felt meet day, or if I had just overworked. My knees were very achy that day, along with my bad hip and low back. There were only 25 lifters in the meet, so things moved very quickly, and I was caught having to rush my BP warm-up. Suffice it to say, the weights felt HEAVY!

I lowered my planned starting attempts on all my lifts, and I guess I'm lucky I did. My first squat was 285, which went smoothly enough, but was deeper than I needed. I took 305 for my second, which was tougher than I expected, but still good. Once again, I went deeper than necessary, but this one broke my own State Record by five pounds. For my third, I took 315, and tried to cut my depth just right, but missed it by THAT MUCH! One inch more would have done it, and I knew when I racked it, that it was just short.

I was caught warming up for the bench press, so had to jump from 135 right to my first attempt of 190, luckily it went smoothly. I took 200 for my second, and ALMOST beat the press command, but got it. My third with 205 stuck right at my sticking point almost halfway up, d**n my long arms!

My deadlift warm-up seemed to go pretty well, and I made my 340 opener smoothly. I jumped to a State Record 375 for my second, and it came off the floor well enough, but stuck right at knee height. I decided to pass my third so as not to risk an injury, and I was the only one in my division anyway. I was kind of disappointed with my performance for a day, but I'm over that, and ready to re-group and do better in July at the Nationals. My oldest granddaughter filmed my lifts for me, but I've been unable to transfer them. Guess I'll have to ask her to show me how!

starting strength coach development program
    How are you doing?

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132