starting strength gym
Page 1 of 153 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: "Air Umair" vs. "The Cannon"

Default "Air Umair" vs. "The Cannon"

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Challenge log for the 6 month 3 category speed/jump/strength competition between umair and beast. All training done for the challenge is to be logged here.

TERMS OF CHALLENGE

6 month challenge. Verified numbers at the end ex. clear distance and time for sprints and vertec or tape on wall measurements
    I will make a general training log to track progress for both parties. Squat as a % of BW will also be included in the testing areas. Challenge ends on August 31 of 2016.
    Rules
    1. Provide clear and convincing evidence of final results (video or it didn't happen)
    2. Just do your work
    3. The winner will be whoever has the best "Total Score"
    a. Can win individual category for 1 point ex. Vert jump
    b. Of the 3 categories whoever gets 2 points wins ex. Win vert and squat and one would have the higher "total score" (2/3)
    4. Categories: 40yd Time (Faster time wins), Standing Vertical Jump (Higher Jump Wins), & Squat (Highest Wilks score based off of squat wins)
    5. No estimates of anything. It was done or it was not. Speculative numbers are not real numbers and cannot be used as your final results.
    Last edited by B-MoreBeast; 03-01-2016 at 10:53 AM.

Lame... time for me to keep my training log somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by blugold View Post

You expect me to reveal my secret training methods on here?! Btw, BMore, you're at a 1.75xBW squat and are only jumping in the mid 20s?
    Last edited by umairsemail; 03-01-2016 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by umairsemail View Post
    You expect me to reveal my secret training methods on here?! Btw, BMore, you're at a 1.75xBW squat and are only jumping in the mid 20s?
    I don't know, Bmore can throw a 90 mph fast ball . . . . he might be kinda fast twitchy person.
    He's only 17, and relatively untrained is the jump, he might have alot of upside in front of him.
    Whereas you have already used up alot of jumpy-noob-gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    Lame... time for me to keep my training log somewhere else.
    . . .I think its great, now all the SSB squatters are here in this thread . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    I don't know, Bmore can throw a 90 mph fast ball . . . . he might be kinda fast twitchy person.
    He's only 17, and relatively untrained is the jump, he might have alot of upside in front of him.
    Whereas you have already used up alot of jumpy-noob-gains.
    He would have to improve his RVJ by 8-10" just to get to where I'm at right now, so the odds are stacked against him. Plus, it's my right ankle that's holding me back from that 40" RVJ, nothing more. Realistically all I would have to do is just rehab that ankle properly and just workout consistently, while he has to increase power production on both limbs. On the squat/40 yard dash he has very good odds though. Hopefully this will act as an impetus to both of us to become the best versions of ourselves.

I'm so excited by this thread I just peed a little.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by umairsemail View Post
    Realistically all I would have to do is just rehab that ankle properly and just workout consistently
    That's all? Haven't you been sidelined from lifting consistently for the last two years for one reason or another? And rehabbing your ankle for at least six months?

Pretty sure Bmore will take this. At least he lifts.

Page 1 of 153 1231151101 ... LastLast