starting strength gym
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fat Boy's back to the grind. YNDTP

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Was able to keep my deficit through March 12. Made it down to 282. I then had a 6 week maintenance phase, i.e. I got lazy. Hovered around 286 by then end and then got back on the wagon. Lots of outside stress with losing my job and 10 month old baby. Started back lifting and watching calories a few weeks ago.

Current weight: 281
    Squat: 3x5 @205
    Bench 3x5 @175
    Deadlift 1x5 @ 225
    Ohp. 3x5 @ 95

Also started adding in 10min walk thing where you try to get as many 10 minute walks in a week as you can. I also plan on putting some kettlebell work once a week. (Swings, Turkish get ups, and rows/curls some gpp stuff)

Huge news too. My brother and I have created our own home gym in his appt. It's piecemeales together, but it's ours. That makes for a lot more enjoyable experience than fighting the local high school baseball team at the place I was lifting.

starting strength coach development program
    Quick update. I reached a point where I decided to move on from LP possibly early, but still fairly far enough along into the process.
    I finished my LP with my 1RM/estimate 1RM were as follows:
    Squat: 350
    Bench : 230
    Deadlift: 375
    Press: 150

Body weight is currently 273, so it's a slow stead decrease. I'd like to see it move a little faster, but going down is going down. I've decided to move forward with Andy Baker's Garage Gym Warrior as I'm still lifting at my brother's apartment and equipment is limited. It's a basic HLM with waves of volume changes weekly. Volume changes weekly and every 3 weeks the intensity bumps up another 5%. At the end of the 3 waves, there's a small peaking phase, followed by testing. I'm interested in seeing how this whole thing shakes out at the end. It's been fairly easy to follow and not too rough on recovery. I've been in calorie deficit and making sure to try to walk at least 20-40 min at least 3 times a week.

Week 5 Day 1

Squat 4x5 @280
    Press 3x5 @ 112.5
    Deadlift 3x5 @ 265

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345