starting strength gym
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Umair meets Quarter Squats

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    As much as we all make fun of that flag football thing.

Its probably gonna be the new reality in highschool . . . That's coming for sure, say 5-10 years will be a thing.

(now Umair is 24 tho).

Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    As much as we all make fun of that flag football thing.

Its probably gonna be the new reality in highschool . . . That's coming for sure, say 5-10 years will be a thing.

(now Umair is 24 tho).
    In high school. For a 24 year old pampered med student is much different.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Diebolt View Post
    Thinkin about setting up a little get together Shug? Could be a beautiful thing. . . .

What you think Umair? I make a trip out to chi every few months. U wanna get lunch sometime? Lets chop it up man. U like Harold's chicken? We can hit up some courts too if you wanna hoop or just do some jumps in your living room. Your call. Get at me
    I'd be down...no Shug tho

Quote Originally Posted by umairsemail View Post
    I'd be down...no Shug tho

Last edited by Meshuggah; 07-29-2016 at 08:31 PM.

So I increased the weight a lot for the quarter squats.

Just did:

2x5 squats with 242 lbs
    4x5 quarter squats with 302 lbs (these were killer, my upper quads and hammies got fried...lower parts of thighs don't really feel sore)
    3x10 cable knee drives with 32 lbs
    3x10 hip thrusts with 275 lbs (these are very easy to do with a ton of weight)

I tried deadlifts with 225 and, after a few reps, my low back felt a bit of pain so I gave up on em.

Brutal workout. One thing I noticed was that if I go parallel or below on squats, my left knee hurts a bit. I tried it without any weight and same result...hurts a bit. It's not debilitating or anything, but I may lay off of full squats for a week or two. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Weighed in at 145 today morning. Calorie intake is at 1400-1500 (150g+ of protein) a day. Trying to get down to a lean 135 lbs (will move up to a lean 150-155 eventually) because my body fat % is so high.
    Last edited by umairsemail; 08-01-2016 at 12:20 AM.

Also did some speed squats earlier yesterday. No deceleration (bar flies off of back), so I think they are similar to olympic lifts in that regard.

202 speed squats
    152 speed squats

Holy fuck. After doing quarter squats, your knees hurt when squatting to a full range of motion. Notify the exercise science community.

Forgot to mention that I practiced with my team on sunday and didn't do so well. Team captain said that I didn't look like myself out there. The thing i really lost is my cutting ability. I still have a few months to get in prime shape I guess. If I don't make the team for the competitive league this year, I guess I'll only be on the team for smaller things-- at least until I regain my ability to make hard cuts.
    Last edited by umairsemail; 08-02-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by umairsemail View Post
    Forgot to mention that I practiced with my team on sunday and didn't do so well. Team captain said that I didn't look like myself out there. The thing i really lost is my cutting ability. I still have a few months to get in prime shape I guess. If I don't make the team for the competitive league this year, I guess I'll only be on the team for smaller things-- at least until I regain my ability to make hard cuts.
    This may be the saddest thing ever placed upon the heavy-hearted soul of the internet. Your entire reason for being an athlete hangs in the balance here. Be careful. Go the extra mile for the team. Let them know you're willing to do what is necessary to be part of the team. Wink at the team captain as you say it. You may want to PM buttermilk for further information on what comes next. Pffftttt!!!!.......comes next.

starting strength coach development program
    I'm sorry, Dom made a video all about Jumpy McInjured

How to Spot a F*ckboy in the Gym - YouTube

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast