starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lifting in a sandbox

Default Lifting in a sandbox

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    October 22
    I've decided to move on from LP, despite (re)gains still in the table. I downloaded Andy Baker's Strength and Mass After 40 and will be giving this program a run. I'll do everything I can in May garage (most of the barbell work) and the accessory work at the community gym (2 min scooter ride). I did the first workout last night:

Press 115x3x5
    Close grip bench press 155x3x8
    LTE 40x10, 50x2x10
    DB OH Ext 20x2x10

I just pressed two days ago, but I had no issues.

On CGBP, I may have started a little heavy, but made all the reps. The increases for weeks 2 and 3 may be on the conservative side.

It's been a long time since I've done accessory work, so it was a nice change of pace. Since I only did the tricep work at the gym, I felt like a real gym bro, skipping the core lifts to get my pump. Funny. The gym was full of silly BS, so I just kept my head down, did my work and was out in less than 15 minutes.
    Last edited by TartanEagle; 10-23-2016 at 01:35 AM.

I was very excited for day 2 on SM40. Heavy squat/pulling day. On my third squat warm up (only 85 pounds) I felt a familiar twinge in my back. I racked the bar. I've hurt my back repeatedly over the years, always in the same spot. The last time I was back in the gym in 3 days. I'm hoping this is similar as I did not push it like I sometimes do. Getting out of bed was extremely painful but being up and moving around helps. I work at a standup desk, so that helps as well.

October 27th
    My back is still tight with a lot of discomfort but wanted to get some work in.

Squats 135x5,5,5
    Bench 135x5

Squats felt fine. I stayed as tight as possible and had no issues.

Bench was very uncomfortable so I cut it off after one set.

November 1
    Back rehab continues:

Squat 165x3x5
    Press 105x3x5
    Deadlift 275x5

My back is pain-free at this point. There is some tightness and discomfort, but I was not limited. I'll take a some large jumps in squats for a few sessions.

starting strength coach development program
    November 5
    Squat 185x3x5
    Bench press 192.5x3x5

My back is still not where it should be. Squats did not feel great, but I really tightened up. The bar moves very quickly but I'm still uncomfortable.

Bench continues to progress despite a few days since I went heavy. Thankfully something is moving in the right direction.

I warmed up deadlifts, but on my last warmup my back just wasn't where I wanted it to be, so I stopped at 250x1.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123