starting strength gym
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: PowerBuilding Journal Part 1

Sentinel is offline Can't bench 225, but knows more than you.

Thumbs down

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Fall '07 - Upper 1, Week 16

Overall Impression:

Pretty fucked up workout.

Deadlifts = 1 set x 1 rep x 275 lbs

so i warmed up like normal today. and i was all set for 275. so i pick up 275 and my form is perfect all the way but somewhere around midpoint, my lower back starts hurting like a fucking bitch. in the sense it was a sudden unexpected jolt of pain out of nowhere! i was so shocked but i finished my rep with good form and when i put the barbell down, it hurt me again at the same position as it had before. fuck. remember a while ago i had an injury on my lower back? that was near my spine. after that injury went i still had some little pain remaining but that was more to the left of the original pain. well, right now that fucking spot is hurting. well, not right now. ive come back from the gym but if i bend too low it hurts a lot. im gonna rest this for some time and see if it gets better. maybe ill have to lay off deadlifting for a while. its still hurting a bit but not at all as bad as it did when i actually deadlifted. fucking injuries. also, just before the pain hit me on that rep, i felt as if someone had knocked the wind outta my stomach. wierd.

Reverse Hypers = 2 sets x 10 reps x 25 lbs

i did some light sets to hopefully ease the pain. i have no clue if this was good or bad. probably bad. fuck.

Leaving Thoughts:

bad workout. i need to wait and see what happens.

starting strength coach development program
    Go see a chiropractor, they can have you fixed up in less than a week (if its a good one and you are not seriously injured). I know this from experience.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789