starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: From Post Surgical to Post Workout

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Still sick, unfortunately, but able to clear my sinuses and head enough to get under the bar daily. The 5 minutes break between fives has been helping a lot, especially with my bench press. Still moving slow, but still putting 5lbs on the bar each workout.

Bench:
    235x5x5

Gonna compile two days into this post. Been going through some tough life times, but still able to get to the gym to blow off some steam.

Saturday
    Squat:
    280x5x5

Press:
    160x5x5

Today
    Bench:
    240x5x5

Dead:
    305x5x5

Realized that I need to start losing some fat since my pants don't fit anymore and I'm about to start a new job! Moving down to Mississippi in 3 weeks. Excited and scared at the same time seeing as this is my first full time job! Gonna try to cut back on the calories while continuing to keep my gains going with 5-10lbs on the bar per workout. Bench continues to feel like a ton of bricks, but like I've said before, I haven't trained bench in a long time. Squat is coming along, although I'm having trouble keeping my knees out with the ascent. Deadlift I've been using overhand grip so far and will continue to try to stick with it until I really cant anymore. No belt yet. Might need it soon. Might not. I'll try to keep it off as long as I can!

On to page 3 of me talking to myself!

Went for a run this afternoon, a few hours before my lift, so I decided to keep it short and do 3x3 with squat and press today.

Squat:
    315x3x3

Press:
    175x3x3

Squat felt very solid and the weight was moving quickly. Knees weren't trailing in as much as they normally are with 5x5 I think due to less fatigue. Still have not brought in the belt and don't think I will for a while. Press was good. Need to work on keeping my wrists tight and my elbows underneath my hands.

starting strength coach development program
    Continuing with the 3x3 was bench and deadlift tonight. Will head back to fives tomorrow for squat and press day. I feel as though I am benefitting more from splitting up my squat and deadlifts to two different days instead of the same.

Deadlift:
    345x3x3

Bench:
    255x3x3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123