starting strength gym

Thread: TNvets Training Log

Default TNvets Training Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So after a few months of reading on this site and learning, I decided to start a log. The main reason is to track my progress and hopefully learn from others on dealing potential issues I come across. After reading lots about LP, I decided to start training for strength and setting goals for strength gains as well as overall athleticism. I am currently in the military and will be working in some sprints and maybe moderate pace runs of tops 3 miles, just to maintain conditioning. I am on my 2nd week of TM and Monday(start of 3rd week), being volume day will consist of- Squats 5x5@295, Bench 5x5@230, DL 1x5@385. Before I lift I do a good warm-up of rows for 500m 1 or 2 times, box jumps, jump rope, and maybe a lap or 2, as well as work up sets or 3 or 5 reps prior to my working sets. On the days I do not lift I will sprint, run or swim along with mobility work to stay healthy and able to recover.
    My goals are simple, build the best possible strength base while I am still young and maintain or progress with conditioning.
    Nutrition I think is where I am lacking, not because of quality but rather the quantity of food I eat. Simply put I need to eat alot more nutritionally dense food.

Stats:
    26 y.o
    5'10
    185lbs ~

Thanks for any ideas or advice.

Training today went good, I seemed to feel very flat and warm-up sets seemed a lot heavier than usual. I will be doing conditioning Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday now. Not by choice but since I am in the military it's the way it works. So hopefully with more food, stretching and rest I will still be able to recover properly and continue to progress.

So Friday, new maxes.
    Squat 1rm 370
    Bench 295
    Deadlift 415

Lifts are jumping up. Been eating a minimum of 12 ounces of meat at lunch. Excited for next week.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk