starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Texas Method expirement with conditioning and sport log

Default A Texas Method expirement with conditioning and sport log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I am going to start keeping a log here again to keep me accountable. I am coming back from a hiatus from lifting for half a year so I have been just LPing for last month or so.

Stats all time
    squat-500(high bar)
    deadlift-600(conventional)
    Bench-315(TNG)
    Press-215

all at 5'9" ~195
    33 years old

currently my work sets on SS are
    squats 335
    deads-435
    bench 230
    press-170

bodyweight is about 180 at the moment roughly 15% bodyfat

Anyways the plan is to run out my LP with no added conditioning except you know the daily walking on the mail route......i plan on adding the powerclean pretty soon as I will be deadlifting once a week pretty quick here...i of course do chins

after that I am going to attempt to do the Texas method with sprints for a month and eventually adding back in basketball and/or sprint sessions to go along with it........will be doing a 4 day split variation so i can add some LTEs and curls

either its going to grind me to dust or I will rise above but Learning will be done regardless of what happens...im going to eat like a maniac to try to make it work

yea i think thats it for my intro here.....wish me luck
    Last edited by Eric Larousse; 03-30-2017 at 07:59 PM.

Good luck, don't die.

I'm about 15-20 lbs heavier than you, trying to work my way down a little further, and work sets in the same ballpark, but my PRs aren't as strong on squat and deadlift. Might be fun to see if I can keep up with you.

Sounds like a plan man^

Just an update

I am coming to a close on linear progression will probably end at
    Squats 400ish
    Deadlift 490-500ish
    Bench
    265ish
    Press180ish

Cant wait to start...i am roughly 188 at 18% bf as of now

ok day 1 went well albeit i am completely running on fumes from work and the beating i took over the last two weeks of linear progression but here we go....it is actually a mixture of TM and SS for just upper body for now until the bench runs its course

bench
    257.5x5
    245x5x2

squat
    350x5x5

chins
    52.5x5x2
    50x5x2

just pressing tonight

press
    182.5x5
    172.5x5x2

did some sprints after

bench
    260x5
    245x5x2

squat
    390x3x2

deadlift
    480x5(grip almost went out so did some static holds and immediately ordered some CoC grippers)

chins
    15,4,3,4,3 2 minutes rest

Ok so here is the deal. I got sick with a sinus infection several weeks ago and i had to stop training for a bit plus i signed ip for adult league baseball so im not going to be able to do the texas method. I have been on garage gym warrior for 3 weeks now and i had to switch to the less aggressive program so that i am freah for it. Currently just trying to recomp a bit while playing.

just wanted to give you guys an update

im coming to the end of Garage gym warrior and I am actually recomping very well on it I have lost about 3.5% bodyfat while maintaining BW at 190 over 7 weeks......I feel like I am going to be maybe even over 5% stronger at the end of the cycle on all of the lifts. I added a bit a bodybuilding fluff to the program and am actually doing powercleans in place of barbell rows

I am really digging this program as Im not stressing day to day about having to hit unbearable limit sets and it allows me to be a little less stressed about having to maintain the perfect diet....in other words i indulge myself every so often and dont hit the exact macros everyday

anyways it is going well I and highly recommend the program

starting strength coach development program
    In your opinion, is GGW good/ideal for the following situations?
    - cutting
    - putting lifting "on hold" when life stuff is busy
    - when you want to add a bunch of accy fluff to a strength-based program to get swole, without killing your strength program

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast