starting strength gym
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: TheStender's Workout Journal

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    If the weights are feeling lighter, why would you not push it? Why be content with 20lbs, when you may be able to put another 50lbs on the bar?

Food for thought.
    I'd like to get the most out of the program, and I'd think smaller jumps would be better for that. Maybe not though. I don't want to go too high too fast either.

It's indeed food for thought though, thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    If the weights are feeling lighter, why would you not push it? Why be content with 20lbs, when you may be able to put another 50lbs on the bar?

Food for thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStender View Post
    I'd like to get the most out of the program, and I'd think smaller jumps would be better for that. Maybe not though. I don't want to go too high too fast either.

It's indeed food for thought though, thanks for that.
    I'm guessing that you guys may be talking past one another. When you said "I'm not going to push it" I'm thinking that you meant something more like "I'm not going to rush it".

That would make sense. I would agree with "pushing it" until you can't make progress any longer and need a deload or reset. On the other hand, not "rushing it" as long as you're adding weight regularly when you're able does make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifting N Tx View Post
    I'm guessing that you guys may be talking past one another. When you said "I'm not going to push it" I'm thinking that you meant something more like "I'm not going to rush it".

That would make sense. I would agree with "pushing it" until you can't make progress any longer and need a deload or reset. On the other hand, not "rushing it" as long as you're adding weight regularly when you're able does make sense.
    That's exactly what I meant, and how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifting N Tx View Post

nice catch

Good ol' Steve with his diplomacy.

Stender: An 85 lb press is NOT the end of the road, ya a-hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Misanthrope View Post
    Good ol' Steve with his diplomacy.

Stender: An 85 lb press is NOT the end of the road, ya a-hole.
    Oh, I know. I might able to get it up to 100 before I stall. Form is starting to break down on those, so I want to take those slow and make sure I do them properly.

starting strength coach development program
    Week Six - Workout Two

Squats
    1x10 - 45 lbs
    1x6 - 95 lbs
    1x4 - 135 lbs
    1x2 - 155 lbs
    3x5 - 190 lbs

Bench Press
    1x10 - 45 lbs
    1x4 - 95 lbs
    1x2 - 115 lbs
    3x5 - 130 lbs

Deadlift

1x6 - 135 lbs
    1x5 - 205 lbs

Assisted Dips
    8 w/110 lbs assisting
    8 w/110 lbs assisting

Sit Ups
    3x10 w/BW

Notes

Went to a different 24 Hour Fitness. Older equipment, but still a good one. Has a pool and a sauna. Someone left the barbell on the ground with 3 plates on each side, so I had to put those away in order to do the deads.

Squats went well. I'm adding the weight, but it's not really getting much tougher. I'm way into PR territory on them now.

Bench press wasn't too bad either.

Deads were good too. I need to rest more on these. I want to get them over quickly, and I think that hurts the weight on them.

My right bicep has been hurting the past couple weeks. Nothing too bad, but when doing squats I had to use a bit wider grip on it to ease the "pain." I think they're blowing da fuc up.

Next workout is tomorrow. After that, I'm changing things up, I think. First change is my "week." I'll be changing from Sun/Tue/Thu (which was really Sun/Wed/Fri) to Wed/Fri/Sun. Just to make sure I get in the gym.

Second change is I think I might start up the gym version. I'm still not completely sure on that though. I might wait another week or two until my squats max out. Just because I'd like a light squat day one day during the week, or a front squat day. Have to see which way my mind decides to go.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678