starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bigger, Stronger, Faster

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I hope you checked the weather, a big Hurrican is heading straight for Hawaii.. be safe.

Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I hope you checked the weather, a big Hurrican is heading straight for Hawaii.. be safe.

Kyle
    way to go debbie downer.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcoholiday View Post
    way to go debbie downer.
    I figured it would be better to know now than to know after you leave lol

Kyle

Ooh, have fun on the honeymoon. Congratulations!

Monday, 27 August 07

Squats:
    245 x 5 x 2
    225 x 5
    205 x 5
    185 x 5

Hack Squats:
    90 x 8 x 2

Back Ext. GHR:
    Purple band x 10

Pulldown Abs, Side cable crunches, gripper

Notes:
    1) First session in two weeks, felt like a big ol' piece of weak doodoo. Moved into a new house this weekend, guess my body was a little worn out. Might have got 1 or 2 more sets with 245, but 5x5 would've buried me. Figured it'd be better to get all my reps perfect with some good speed, and save something for deadlifts later this week. Hopefully I'll be back on track with 265 x 5 x 5 next week.

2) Honeymoon went awesome, but traveling that far really fucks with your time table, last night was my first good rest in several days, hopefully I'm back on schedule now.

Quote of the Day:
    "I'm tearing this and everything else between
    me and what I want to do to pieces.
    I'm tearing you and everything else between
    me and you to memory.

I'm stronger now, even after everything that you did.
    I'm still alive and kicking.
    I'm better now.
    I'm awake now.
    I can see everything in front of me, now."

-Nonpoint, Alive and Kicking (Outstanding song to listen to in the gym!!)

Wednesday, 29 Aug 07

Incline Bench Press:
    155 x 5 x 3

BB Rows:
    155 x 5 x 5

Skullcrushers:
    95 x 10 x 3

DB Rows, Neck Machine, DB Curls

Notes:
    1. Legs were pretty sore from Monday, but I still felt pretty good. Was able to keep progressing today.

2. I brought my Large UnderArmour briefs (as opposed to XL) with me today, hadn't worn them in a long time (just grabbed 'em, I'm moving right now so my shit's all over the place), and they were definitely too tight, which is a good sign. I still think my legs look like twigs, but I'm heading in the right direction.

Quote of the Day:
    "Come on, pump it! You got the wrong attitude and you're not bringing that trash into my house."
    -Izzy Mandelbaum

Friday, 31 Aug 07

Deadlift
    250 x 5 x 5

Back Ext GHR
    Purple x 10 x 3

Cable Rows:
    180 x 8 x 3
    alt. w/ DB Shrugs:
    75 x 10 x 3

Notes:
    1. Short session today, but felt good. Decided not to work up the singles, coming off the break. Next week I'm back at it.

2. The leg press had a thick layer of dust on it so I took it upon myself to inscribe 'go squat woman!' in the dust. I kept peeking over there to if anybody would go to use it and see my message, but no one did.

Quote of the Day:
    "Bodybuilding is for men who wax their bodies and traipse around in bikinis. I train."
    -Henry Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by Jason B View Post

2. The leg press had a thick layer of dust on it so I took it upon myself to inscribe 'go squat woman!' in the dust. I kept peeking over there to if anybody would go to use it and see my message, but no one did.

LOL! Too bad nobody did

Tuesday, 4 Sep 07

Squats
    245 x 5 x 5
    265 x 1
    285 x 1

Roman Chair Sit-ups
    25 x 5 x 3

Side Cable Obliques, Heavy BB Holds, Wrist Roller

Notes:
    1) Short day today, didn't have a lot of time. And with one less day before deadlifts on Friday, decided to skip a second leg exercise.

2) 245 felt good, probably had another set in me, but still felt heavy. Don't know if simply adding weight each week is going to work much longer. I'm still trying to come up with my plan of attack on that. I think I'm going to do a linear periodization with 3-4 week cycles, something basic like sets of 8,6,4, and 2 reps in week 1-4, respectively. And add supplemental volume as the weeks go by, to make up for less volume in the main exercise.

Quote of the day:
    "There is no substitute for strength, and no excuse for the lack of it."

? Unknown

starting strength coach development program
    Wednesday, 5 Sep 07

Incline BB Bench
    175 x 5 x 3

BB Rows
    175 x 5 x 5

Skullcrushers
    105 x 8 x 3

Wide Pull-ups, Neck Machine, Machine Preacher curls

Notes:
    1) Not much to say, good session I guess. The bar still just feels heavy for some reason. I don't have a problem completing my sets, I'm not going to failure, but I just don't feel really strong under the bar right now.

Quote of the day:
    "It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    -Theodore Roosevelt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast