starting strength gym
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Link's Training Journal Building with BRO-Tech- It's a Celebration

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by MISSINGLINK View Post
    I was just tossing that idea around. I saw a post in Lencho's journal by kethnaab and he stated that the 3 sets do not have to be in any particular order. As I have expressed in the past, that set at 95% is hard as hell. I was wondering if going to the top set (90 95 100%) would be any different. Would it be to my benefit to keep them in the 90 100 95% order.
    There may be no specific rule as to the order of the sets (the percentages themselves are arbitrary), but it would seem to be that a 90 and 95% set preceeding what might be an all out effort would certainly add fatigue that could affect your work on the 100% set. It just makes sense. If you want to stair-step up like that, I would widen the intervals and possibly pyramid the reps down.

I'd do the 100% first as well.

And the military presses look strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Misanthrope View Post
    There may be no specific rule as to the order of the sets (the percentages themselves are arbitrary), but it would seem to be that a 90 and 95% set preceeding what might be an all out effort would certainly add fatigue that could affect your work on the 100% set. It just makes sense. If you want to stair-step up like that, I would widen the intervals and possibly pyramid the reps down.

I hear what you are saying. I was just po'd that I couldn't get the reps that I should have and have already done.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisman View Post
    I'd do the 100% first as well.

And the military presses look strong!

Thanks Heisman. There is more to come.

Default Bro-Tech Squat Strength Day Week 3

At or Below Parallel Regular Squats
    295x3
    325x3
    310x3
    290x7
    290x7

Arched Back Good Mornings
    215x5
    215x5
    215x5
    215x5
    215x5

AB Work

Weighted Hypers
    65x8
    65x8
    65x8

Comments
    Nice workout to start the week. Squats were great. Back off sets had me huffing and puffing. I wanted to add in hamstring curls but did not have enough time. The rest times as compared to bench days were longer which leads to longer workout times. Nice workout to start the week. MISSINGLINK OUT>

Strong GMs Link.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
    Strong GMs Link.

Thanks BROther.

Nice squatting, Link. The back-off sets looked strong, given the amount of weight you were using for your worksets.

Great squats link. Do you have any lifting vids?

Quote Originally Posted by Misanthrope View Post
    Nice squatting, Link. The back-off sets looked strong, given the amount of weight you were using for your worksets.
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingMan View Post
    Great squats link. Do you have any lifting vids?

Thanks guys. I wish I had videos. I workout in my home in like a rec room sort of thing. I am going to try and get some. My wife would think I was an idiot if I video'd my workouts. Women.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by MISSINGLINK View Post
    Thanks guys. I wish I had videos. I workout in my home in like a rec room sort of thing. I am going to try and get some. My wife would think I was an idiot if I video'd my workouts. Women.
    Who says she has to know? If Mozelstein can be married 10 years without his in-laws knowing he has tattoos I think you can manage this.

wife of Link:What's that video camera doing on that shelf?
    Link:Oh, I just thought it would look nice there. Uh, could you scoot over and not stand right in front of it, honey?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast