starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kik'n down the door to Nationals.

Default Kik'n down the door to Nationals.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello all. A lot of you probably follow my BB.com journal ( http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2104141 ), but I'm giving a shot at keeping up with two.

My goal is to become a regular competitor on the National level in the USAPL. I'm 5'6 and compete in the 165 class, and may be moving up to 181 over the course of the next year.

I'll be competing at the first Raw National meet in Saint Louis, July 2008 and that's my main focus.

At the moment, I've got an ADAU meet coming up October 20th, and will be at the USAPL American Open in December.

All your input is welcome guys!

Conditioning.

Farmers Walk 50 paces 6 trips 95 lbs/per

Good conditioning session, just a little stiff if anything. I'm 10 weeks out from a meet right now and my training is set up as follows.

Deload Week--strongman+GPP only
    2 weeks medium intensity lifting (80-85%ish) + strongman and GPP
    2 weeks PR attempts
    Deload Week--strongman+GPP only
    " "
    " "

I'll follow along here, Kik. Your BB.com journal sort of got lost in the shuffle for me since I follow so damn many of them. I checked in a couple times a week, but never really had any input.

Glad to have you here, BTW.

Glad to have you, anthro. Gotta get used to your new name.

You're one of those people about whom I would think "I ought to follow his log, but I follow too many already". I'll plan on checking in on the one here from time to time.

Conditioning

Medley

50 paces 2 trips keg carry(80) farmers walk(95/per) sled(35)

Keg squat 80 lbs--5-5-10
    Keg clean and press 80 lbs--5

Felt good today. Upped my keg weight by ten pounds.

Still gotta find some used plates for cheap so I don't have to keep shlepping them from the gym to my car.

Meh, so I was planning on hitting a big bench today being all nice and rested before the next mesocycle starts friday.

Bench 95x5 115x5 135x5 175x3 205x1 240- MISS!

Squat 95x5 135x5 155x5 185x3 205x1 225x1

Chins 10-10-8
    Rev. Hyper 3x10--50(PR)

So, a few things came together that made me miss 240, which I should have smoked.

I didn't do any benching in the preceding ten days because my shoulder had been acting up. Scratch that, yesterday I went in and warmed up to see if I had any pain. Warm ups felt really heavy but there was no pain so it was on to bench today. I went heavier than usual with the warmup today, usually don't go above 185, and my feet were wet from being outside while psyching up, so I got all set up on the bench but then my feet were slipping all over the place o I had to get up start over and my focus was shot. I put it like 3 inches off my chest and was just wobblin' for a few seconds before spotters took it.

Then I did my first back squats in like two months... very light just to start getting used to the motion again. 225 felt like 275.

Finished with some good chins and actually a ten pound PR on the rev. hyper.

Conditioning

Farmers Walks

115 pounds 50 paces 1 turn 3 trips

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Finally got to bust out the 45's, so I was "walkin' on dubs"; so to speak.

It was also the first time I'd done a turn, and WHOA! I knew the turn was a part of the event unto itself but I was blown away by the effect it has on the event as a whole!

Even though I don't plan on competing in strongman anytime soon I will definitely incorporate turns from now on... trying to keep that thing stable and going straight down the track adds an entirely new dimension. The weights were clearly pulling me off course.

115 was also a pretty big jump from 95, but I'm doing what I can with the plates I've got.

Looking forward to starting my next mesocycle tomorrow, I'm like 59 days out from my meet.

Nice lifts.

Kyle

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Nice lifts.

Kyle
    Thanks.

Haha, can't get FI into my journal over on dat dere BB.com.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast