starting strength gym
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Planche & One Arm Chin Up Journey

Default Planche & One Arm Chin Up Journey

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

still curious how you ended up on a strength forum

I used to do a more starting strength based workout with the basic compound movements. I had a nice squat rack and set up in my garage. But I have always been interested in pull ups and when I moved I got rid of my squat rack and I went more in the bodyweight direction. I've always liked the simplicity of starting strength and the board itself, although I've mostly been a lurker. I think my routine fits in with the simplicity even though it's a little bit unorthodox. I hope this helps to quell your curiosity. I've enjoyed this board so far. Thanks for the reply.

interesting . . . becasue the band tension nearly goes away at the top 1/4 of the pull up.
    The top is where I fail.
    Can always do a 1/2 of a pull up (bottom half) even when I'm smoked.

Yeah, it's definitely not a perfect system. I have trouble at the top sometimes. I may transition to a pulley system at some point, but I'm going to use this until it no longer works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Hall View Post
    I used to do a more starting strength based workout with the basic compound movements. I had a nice squat rack and set up in my garage. But I have always been interested in pull ups and when I moved I got rid of my squat rack and I went more in the bodyweight direction. I've always liked the simplicity of starting strength and the board itself, although I've mostly been a lurker. I think my routine fits in with the simplicity even though it's a little bit unorthodox. I hope this helps to quell your curiosity. I've enjoyed this board so far. Thanks for the reply.
    I do love chinups. I'd love to be able to bust out 20 someday and a set of 5 with 100 lbs

Yeah, me too. Weighted chin ups and one arm chin ups are awesome.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast