starting strength gym
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey as a daYDreAmErX

Default My Journey as a daYDreAmErX

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hai guise

Some of you might already know me, but if it's not the case, you'll get to know me a little more through this log !

A few words about me...
    I'm 20 y/o (turning 21 next month, yay !) and I've been training since I was 15. I wasn't really serious at that time and I think I got a little more involved in the 'sport' 1.5 years ago.

I had some serious injuries in the past (not related to weight lifting) and I'm followed by two doctors on a regular basis (a neurologist and an orthopedist). I'm always pushing myself hard in the gym, but I had to reset the weight on certain lifts and work on my form to make sure I don't injure myself anymore.

I'll try to post my diet (macros)/cardio/training everyday. Hope you all stay tuned I have a really busy schedule, I work in a gym and I have five courses at the university.

Basically, that's it

Val

Sept-30 (Cardio)

Stationary Bike
    15 minutes
    213 calories burned

Notes
    Morning guise

I had this short cardio session this morning but it was really intense ! Nothing much to say... I'll post my macros later today.

Macros
    1750 cals
    194g protein
    34g carbs (17g fiber)
    97g fat

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by daYDreAmErX View Post
    Macros
    1750 cals
    194g protein
    34g carbs (17g fiber)
    97g fat
    Like the Macro's Val.

What are your current goals? You still cutting?

Quote Originally Posted by jked4life View Post
    Like the Macro's Val.

What are your current goals? You still cutting?
    Not really... Just trying to eat clean, be in shape and keep energy levels contant. I'll bump the cals on training days and I'll have a PWO shake consisting of two scopps of Real Gains and I'll refeeed every 5-6 days or so. With school going on, my lifestyle isn't really active and I don't have the time to do a lot of cardio so I'll try to play my diet and see what works.

Quote Originally Posted by daYDreAmErX View Post
    Not really... Just trying to eat clean, be in shape and keep energy levels contant. I'll bump the cals on training days and I'll have a PWO shake consisting of two scopps of Real Gains and I'll refeeed every 5-6 days or so. With school going on, my lifestyle isn't really active and I don't have the time to do a lot of cardio so I'll try to play my diet and see what works.
    I hear ya. I was cutting for about 2 months.

Now, I'm just eating smart. I'll probably still be dropping bf, but I'm not in a hurry for anything. Slow and steady.

I'm glad to see that you've started a journal here, Val. Thanks for the nice comments in mine, btw.

I get pretty busy during the week, but I'll plan on checking in here from time to time.

Default Max-OT - #1, Week 1

Oct-1 (Legs)

Squat
    45x12x1
    65x8x1
    85x4x1
    95x2x1
    105x1x1
    115x5x3 (workset)

Leg Press
    135x12x1
    295x6x3 (workset)

SLDLs
    95x8x1
    135x1x1
    155x1x1
    165x6x2 (workset)

Standing Calf Raises
    220x8x3 (workset)

Seated Calf Raises
    160x8x2 (workset)

Notes
    Hai guise

I had a really good workout this morning, my form was strict and really good on every lift. I'm glad with the squats, I didn't feel any hip pain and my right side didn't shake at all. I stopped at parallel, it felt okay I guess.

Now I'm super hungry, I had a good morning at work too !!

Have a nice day !!

Val

Macros
    1907 cals
    195g protein
    86g carbs (19g fiber)
    96g fat

starting strength coach development program
    So you're on the Max- OT.

Thats the one cookie cutter program I have tried out. I liked it for a while, but I could never complete a cycle of it. It got too stressful on my joints and ligaments. I kept getting little minor injuries.

I need periodization or alternating light/heavy or something. I can't go in and bomb everything in the 4-6 rep range all the time. Too stressful on the body.

I think you'll like it, but keep an eye out for that. Maybe it's just cause I'm not as young and spry as you kids

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast