Gym 13:00

Medium SQ: 255x3, 235x5, walkout 285

Medium DL: 310x3

Pull-ups

Chins

Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    2/10/19
    Gym 1300

Medium SQ: 250x5 (ties PR), 230x5, walkout 280. I know smartphones are ubiquitous in gyms, but ever get a vibe someone was taking video of you? Felt like I might be approached about the walkout, with someone asking, "Oh, unracked it but then changed your mind about squatting it, huh?" Of course, this would have come from some guy doing lateral raises, goblet squats, etc. I realize walkouts might be a more advanced powerlifting thing, but I just want to feel the next heavy day's workset weight on my back, without compromising my workset of five with an actual overwarmup single.

Medium DL: 305x3x2

Pullups: BWx7

Chins: BWx6
    Ha! Prob trying to steal your strength secrets!! I never realized til I videoed my paused DL how many people watch what I do; let em laugh their asses off. Today an older woman asked if I was done w the powerrack (id been benching for half hr so no idea how she knew to come all the way across gym to me; I said I left the bar there for rows since gym wasn’t crowded and I unloaded it for her, whereupon she left it to do close foot backrack dips in the mirror rack, and another guy commented he noticed my unloading technique - dumping the weight off the ends. Well. It’s not dainty but it’s fast.)

Quote Originally Posted by granny View Post
    Ha! Prob trying to steal your strength secrets!! I never realized til I videoed my paused DL how many people watch what I do; let em laugh their asses off. Today an older woman asked if I was done w the powerrack (id been benching for half hr so no idea how she knew to come all the way across gym to me; I said I left the bar there for rows since gym wasn’t crowded and I unloaded it for her, whereupon she left it to do close foot backrack dips in the mirror rack, and another guy commented he noticed my unloading technique - dumping the weight off the ends. Well. It’s not dainty but it’s fast.)
    Maybe I'll make walkouts a new trend.

In your case, people watch you because they're jealous.

2/18/19
    Gym 11:00

P2.0: 100x5x2, 3

BP: 175x5, 2x3

Light SQ: 225x5. Because of the day off work today, I moved training from Sunday to Monday. That means I'll move my next SQ day from Wednesday to Thursday. But that would have meant 5 days between SQs (Saturday through Thursday). So I decided to at least tack a light set onto the end of Press/Bench Press today. Always amazed how different SQ feels after Press.

SQ walkout 285

Maybe I'll make walkouts a new trend.

In your case, people watch you because they're jealous.
    I'm going to have to try that, the walkout - (I'm not the best squatter ).
    Back at ya. I think not many ladies do these exercises, I work hard, I'm old (letting my white hair grow out), and I'm overweight - on a mini cut right now!

On Saturdays, I've started Benching first and then Squatting.

It was different at first, but now I like it. I'm more warmed up and better able to focus on the Squat.

Quote Originally Posted by granny View Post
    I'm going to have to try that, the walkout - (I'm not the best squatter ).
    Back at ya. I think not many ladies do these exercises, I work hard, I'm old (letting my white hair grow out), and I'm overweight - on a mini cut right now!
    Can you imagine how their heads would explode if they saw you walk out 315!?

Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    On Saturdays, I've started Benching first and then Squatting.

It was different at first, but now I like it. I'm more warmed up and better able to focus on the Squat.

I was glad to discover it for myself by trial and error. Mind you, I still hang from the chin bar for a couple of sets before any first lift of the day, whether it's SQ, P, BP, or DL. But it's so much easier for me to get the bar in a correct LBBS rack if I have pressed or bench pressed beforehand.

starting strength coach development program
    Can you imagine how their heads would explode if they saw you walk out 315!?
    LOL...I'll try it Saturday!

Page 42 of 91 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast