starting strength gym
Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 408088899091 LastLast

Thread: 132, 220, 308, 385

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    With me, I don't think it's the taters (or the red meat). It must be all the butter I fry my eggs in, and the ice cream before bed.
    It's not taters for me either...mostly some cookies, tortilla chips and milk. But I normally do not drink more than a quart a day. Still it would not hurt to clean my diet up.

How goes the battle youngster?

Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    How goes the battle youngster?
    Thanks for asking! Still getting into the gym Saturday/Monday/Wednesday.

Press and deadlift seem like they will always be my training priority. Any meets will likely be strengthlifting as opposed to PL, because I can't seem to get past some right side asymmetries (same side as the tremors) that affect squat and bench.

I dropped one PD med with the most side effects (sleep attacks) and am trying to dial in the dosage of the other. I am wondering if taking it in the window around training has a positive, negative, or neutral effect on my workout, since PD is called a "movement disorder".

If and when my posting gets approved, you can look and see that I did chime in on this thread in the "Programming Modifications" subforum: "Dad has Parkinsons - wants to train once a week... with caveats".

I know some of you good people follow my Instagram, and I did post there about leaving my black iron gym and returning to my garage. It was about the 60 mile round trip drive in metro Atlanta traffic to and from the gym, 3 times a week, in a 100K mile GM car, and the price of gas. Now that I'm training at home, I am trying pin squat and pin bench press to address their asymmetries. I got out of the habit of videoing my lifts at the gym, so now that I am at more liberty to do same at home, the asymmetries appear more remarkable.

Good luck training back at home. You'll sure be saving a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    I know stress is also reduced as driving here is not enjoyable like it used to be. On the positive side you will be close to that well stocked refrigerator that you talked about before.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    Thanks. I have a regularly scheduled afternoon nap on Sundays, after church, but now I can schedule one for Saturday afternoons, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred J View Post
    I know stress is also reduced as driving here is not enjoyable like it used to be. On the positive side you will be close to that well stocked refrigerator that you talked about before.

Yeah, the bro-science does say the anabolic window closes 30 minutes after your last workset. Ordinarily, driving home from the gym, that 30 minute window closed when i was driving somewhere on 285 north, the outer loop.

Yesterday the fridge was stocked with an Italian mix sub my wife was nice enough to bring home for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    Yeah, the bro-science does say the anabolic window closes 30 minutes after your last workset. Ordinarily, driving home from the gym, that 30 minute window closed when i was driving somewhere on 285 north, the outer loop.

Yesterday the fridge was stocked with an Italian mix sub my wife was nice enough to bring home for me.
    30 minutes huh? I guess I need to do more than put down a cup of milk. A sub sandwich...nice. I knew you would make the best of it! You will do well in the garage with more time to concentrate on lifting instead of driving. Also they are closing some lanes for construction up your way aren't they? That should be a hoot!

starting strength coach development program
    Hey, have you tried squatting with that A7 shirt on a bar w/o any center knurl? I’m looking for something when I travel and encounter slick bars.

Thanks, Rich

Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 408088899091 LastLast