Solitaire's Log Solitaire's Log - Page 2

starting strength gym
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 73

Thread: Solitaire's Log

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    337

    Default

    • phoenix arizona seminar date
    • texas seminar date
    Press (50kg): 3 sets of 5.
    Squat (57.5kg): 2 sets of 20.
    Deadlift (105kg): 3 sets of 5.

    Starting to think I could add a bit to the 20 rep. squat, but a bit anxious about getting it in position.
    Might try to press 51kg on Monday.
    Last edited by solitaire; 06-28-2017 at 04:20 AM.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Core workout, details not very intetesting.
    Neck training (10kg): 3 sets of 10.

    40 min run.
    Last edited by solitaire; 06-29-2017 at 09:50 AM.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by solitaire View Post
    Press (50kg): 3 sets of 5.
    Squat (57.5kg): 2 sets of 20.
    Deadlift (105kg): 3 sets of 5.

    Can't get to the gym today (seeing my psychiatrist). So, this will have to do.
    Welcome to the general training forum...I've been posting for quite a while. We may be dealing with similar situations as I also see a psychiatrist regularly...feel free to PM any time. I find that lifting has really helped clear my mind and help to relieve significant stress.

    I'm impressed with the amount of running/conditioning you do on off days. One question - why is your squat so much lower than your DL? Good luck.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Thanks beastmaster103.

    Yeah those are my lifts at home (no squat rack etc). When I get to the gym (usually only once per week atm), I squat about 100kg and deadlift around 125kg. I have been above that, but I've lost some weight since then and my goals have changed a bit.

    I have bipolar disorder. It helps me to do some kind of exercise every day.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Last night: boxing.

    Today:
    Press (50kg): 3 sets of 5.
    Squat (58.5kg): 2 sets of 20.
    (Pleased that I tried the extra 1kg!)
    Deadlift (105kg): 3 sets of 5.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by solitaire View Post
    Thanks beastmaster103.

    Yeah those are my lifts at home (no squat rack etc). When I get to the gym (usually only once per week atm), I squat about 100kg and deadlift around 125kg. I have been above that, but I've lost some weight since then and my goals have changed a bit.

    I have bipolar disorder. It helps me to do some kind of exercise every day.
    Squats make much more sense now. I suffer from panic disorder.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,004

    Default

    Have you tried the old Steinborn method of getting the bar on your back? It takes a bit of practice but it's quite doable.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    337

    Default

    @beastmaster103
    Well, it's certainly the case that lifting helps me when anxious / stressed. Thanks, beastmaster.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris McCarthy View Post
    Have you tried the old Steinborn method of getting the bar on your back? It takes a bit of practice but it's quite doable.
    Is that the one where you get the bar vertical and get it up from one side? No, I've read about it, but never given it a serious try. Perhaps I should.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by solitaire View Post
    Is that the one where you get the bar vertical and get it up from one side? No, I've read about it, but never given it a serious try. Perhaps I should.
    It is indeed...not ideal but would give you some more "headroom" in your Squats at home.

    Failing that you could try some of the other suggestions in the "Life without Squats" thread in the Training Forum - plenty of good ideas there.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris McCarthy View Post
    ... you could try some of the other suggestions in the "Life without Squats" thread in the Training Forum - plenty of good ideas there.
    Thanks Chris, I will.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •