starting strength gym
Page 167 of 173 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1721

Thread: Granny's Log (deb)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Still tired. Have eaten indiscriminately for weeks w no weight gain.

I realized I worked 55hrs last two weeks, up from 30-35. We will just have to see. Heading into busy season may have to do just maintenance and add training during slow summer.

Amnesty. Amnesty? People lost EVERYTHING, and the righteous ones who made it happen WITH GLEE want amnesty? All the loss, all the “gone.”
    Fuck them all. Amnesty my left boob.
    The tyranny of a Covid amnesty - UnHerd
    Last edited by granny; 11-05-2022 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Sidetracked from purpose

snuck in while working at gym because I have to stay til 7pm. Minimal rest on all, friend who calls me fat said I rest too much to catch a pump. ?

I also did shoulder PT band stuff between kickbacks and curls with the new trainer who showed up and helped me, said kickbacks are not good for shoulders.
    Session 6 - 11_5_22 HYPERTROPHY
    Spoto Press
    80-85x8
    80x8 @7RPE
    75x8xs @6.5, 6.5, 7RPE
    Cut the last set!
    Lat Pulldowns 15-20x3s 3-4RIR
    70x20 @3RIR
    70x17 @3RIR
    70x15 @3RIR
    DB Military Press 10-12x3s 3-4RIR
    20sx16 @3RIR
    20sx13 @3RIR
    20sx12 @3RIR (I forgot the rep count, sitting in the office with another member chatting)
    Tricep Kickback 15-20x3s 3-4 RIR
    10sx15x2s @3RIR
    Concentration Curls 15-20x3s 3-4RIR
    15sx15 @3RIR (yeah, too much)
    10sx15x2s @4RIR (probably need 12#)

I'm retired.
    (I was tired yesterday, I'm tired today).
    IDK if its old age or I'm sick with something.

11_6_22
    No loading not much lifting, plants though. I’m not gonna be able to really track my tonnage, too hectic. And I inadvertently started a political discussion in the break room bc I got a text that I am a nazi. Trump rallies look like hitlers (no mention of Bidens red light men with guns speech.) Oopsie! both sides are very angry.

The choice party, isn’t it restricted choice?

Now I’m a crazy nazi.

I said this ludicrous nonsense needs to stop. We're not nazis. You're doing the whole repetitive paint-the-other-side-black schtick all over again. We were science deniers, murderers, pandemic of unvaxxed, we were unfit to live. You, you WERE the science! and we should choose your path, masked virtue signaling that you are w the party, we should LISTEN to you and thank you for destroying our lives! Otherwise we're not good Americans.

Now we're democracy killers, nazi supporters and country over-throwers not fit to live? because democracy! You/Democrats ARE the democracy! It’s on the ballot, Dumb Granny!

Do you SEE a pattern here?? Choice?? Choose what we tell ya, or be shunned attacked and villified. The last admin isn’t the one who got us between a rock and a hard place.
    I can’t wait til it is over, but either way the democrats will not stop.

Liberalism is a Horrible Mental Disorder. Today's Democrats are the people George Orwell warned us about.
    I'm Proud To Be EVERYTHING Liberals Hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    Liberalism is a Horrible Mental Disorder. Today's Democrats are the people George Orwell warned us about.
    I'm Proud To Be EVERYTHING Liberals Hate.
    meh; my family thinks I'm on the lunatic fringe.
    Last edited by granny; 11-13-2022 at 05:32 AM.

off today. tropical disturbance coming, IDK if that means taking down all the product plus a big circus tent we put up for xmas trees?? UGH.
    Miniblock 2 - Session 1 11_7_22 HYPERTROPHY
    SSB
    115-125x6
    was asked do I not have ankle mobility, why the lifters. So today, sock feet, no prob. That guy was right.
    Narrower stance, trying to get deep and keep my knees forward bc quads (that I don't have).
    125x6 @7.5?
    110x6x3s @7, 7, 7.5
    Leg Press 10-12x3s 2-3RIR
    110x10 @3RIR
    110x10 @2RIR
    110x9 @2RIR
    Hamstring Curls 15-20x3s @2-3RIR
    realizing 1st set this kind of aggravates something to do with the hip/sciatica. wth?
    45x12 @2RIR
    35x15 @2RIR
    35x15 @2RIR
    Vup 15-20x3s, 2-3RIR
    0x15 @3RIR
    0x15 @2RIR
    0x15 @2RIR
    Big mental hit here with the lower weights and still feeling it recovery-wise. Maybe my thyroid is wacked out?
    In one of the vids was Pink - So What (I'm still a rockstar) P!nk - So What (Official Video) - YouTube
    Trying to keep that as a mantra as I "lift weight".

I guess we are in the same boat. My training is down in the dumps and whats going on in our country is depressing. The only positive thing is that of all the people I associate with only one is a libtard.Take care of yourself,don't let what people day to you at the gym or work get to you.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    I guess we are in the same boat. My training is down in the dumps and whats going on in our country is depressing. The only positive thing is that of all the people I associate with only one is a libtard.Take care of yourself,don't let what people day to you at the gym or work get to you.
    IDK I'm doing less hard work, I just don't know what my goal is anymore. IDK what is possible.

I'm fine, IDC what they say. People are easily scared, they're afraid of CMS/SS going away with repubs, my nephews think my sister and I are "killers" (repubs! I'm an independent just voted repub for DeSantis), plus there's Trump. He's a spoiled brat sometimes, his policies were better, but he is too incendiary at this point where most of the population thinks you're a nazi and will do a complete 180 regardless of the issues at hand. Impressed with Florida's voting.
    IDK what to say midterms, you get what you vote for; maybe not having candidates who don't have to consider far reaching consequences because they'll be dead in a couple years is not the worst idea.

Worked yesterday buttoning up for the hurricane; not much lifting 50# sandbags (maybe 5?) mulch (maybe 7?) bags of rocks (8). Then just moving plants and tying them down... It's not even trackable really, I'll still have to train when I train.

Readiness rating of 2 because, I didnt' sleep last night.
    Miniblock 2 - Session 2 11_9_22 HYPERTROPHY
    Incline Bench
    60x8x4s
    60x8 @6RPE
    upped to 60-65
    65x8 @6RPE
    65x8 @6.5 RPE
    65x8 @7RPE
    Lat Pulldowns NG , 15-20x3s 2-3RIR. With a back squeeze and a pause, trying to keep bicep/arm out
    70x18 @2RIR
    70x16 @2RIR
    70x13 @2RIR
    Face Pulls 10-12x3s 2-3RIR with a back squeeze and a pause
    45x11 @3RIR
    45x11 @3RIR
    45x11 @2RIR
    Triceps-Biceps OFF PROGRAM
    I did light reverse grip cable pulldown for triceps first.
    Then rope pushdowns
    25x10
    20x8
    Supasetted with low pulley cable curls.
    20#
    7 full
    7 bottom to mid
    7 mid to top
    7 full
    3 rounds of that, bicep/tricep felt all swollen. OUCH!!!
    IDK if that will work to grow them but that's what I did.
    Trainer at the gym said I need to eat (I eat plenty probably too much).

Getting ready for Cat I direct hit tonite. I hope we make it thru relatively unscathed.

starting strength coach development program
    11_10_22 & 11_11_22
    Day before yesterday putting all the plants and stuff back after the hurricane. Biggest damage from hurricane was two fire ants biting me after picking up branches. They're such little assholes, I see the one has his teeth in me and is stinging me with the backside of himself. Itchier even than eczema.

IDK not that much lifting yesterday but some. I can't keep track. Still love working there.