starting strength gym
Page 172 of 173 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1721

Thread: Granny's Log (deb)

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    whelp, still trying to get into gym, what with work hours. I think its part of why I don't sleep so well all the time. OTOH I already have the required hours for the state program.
    Will now add studying for the national; never thought this would be so interesting, learning, reinventing myself at my advanced age (old dog, new tricks). Like it well enough that I'd pursue it even without working.

TWO difficult customers who'd had tirades with various staff, over nothing really, apologized/made up to ME this week. Progress! And while working at other tasks I picked up a phone call, this week's anecdote:

"Thanks for calling! how can I help you today?"

****massive static, tinny sounding**** "Hi!! I am the 4th car back? In the drive thru - I am in a white Lexus"

"um, okayyyyyy"

I don't have hot pants, roller skates, OR a silver platter to bring things out to them, lolololol.

still work 40+ hr weeks. Getting depressed thinking about losing my gains in the gym.

Its official, I'm a Florida-licensed pharmacy tech. Next working on national certification, and hoping to get back in the gym. What's a good way to ease back in, maybe 2-3 days a week, without feeling like I died?

Congrats on your job accomplishments! On the training slowly add volume or the DOMS from hell will show up. Great to hear from you!

Good for you! I would guess a full body work out twice a week would be a good start. Maybe 3 rep sets would not cause to much soreness. Good luck. 👍

Congratulations deb!!

Like Fred & Jerry said, slowly. Keep it simple. You already know what to do.

Congratulations Young Lady! Welcome Back.

working 12-8 today, hit the gym early to just see where I'm at after seeing numerous posts about old people need to be training and 1.5 yrs away from gym.

I'm having hella RC/tendinitis issues for months can barely sleep nothing takes the pain away. My weight and BP both creeping up, I know I need weight bearing exercise for bones, IDK how I'll do it with a crazy schedule (12-8, 9-6, 11-7, 12-8, 9-5) but Im going to have to try, and now that I finally have a large shed I wish I hadn't given my weights and bars away.

So - squat - couldn't get under the bar with the shoulder screaming, but I tried.
    Felt something like strings going over a bump in the shoulder - VERY painful. It doesn't hurt right lots now just a tad but we'll see later.
    5x3s @ nothing, no weight
    3x2s @ bar - at this point my left adductor pulled; its like being a little baby.
    Row - 5 minutes just to get warm-er.
    Press
    1x45# right shoulder says, no. I see the gym still has no ladies bars.
    Went home, mile walk with the dog.

Legs already feel like jello and my shoulder we'll see. Looks like it'll be all uphill from here. Have to come up with a plan, leg press or something.
    (THANKS SS and Jordan, w old people sb lifting and, age is NOT a number - yeah it is - menopause fucks everything up. EVERYTHING.)

Welcome back! Have a Strong 2024!!

starting strength coach development program
    Well Deb, I now know what my Uncle Sal meant when he would to me "Jerry, don't get old".
    It's not easy but we have to keep pushing ourselves. I was recently doing some slow rep lifting and in some ways it actually seemed to work. You can do a WO in a ½or. Check out some things on Drew Baye and Doug McGruff on YouTube and Instagram.
    The shoulder thing sure is a common problem, I'm fine all day and when I go to sleep it acts up
    Good luck.